Bring in the Ringer...

James

Funny little thing that only you people will appreciate...

I'm captain of my beer league team, so I belong to this Facebook group for finding sub goalies on short notice.  It's a local thing... just LA and Orange counties, maybe 20 rinks covered, 1000 members in the group.  Anyway, I saw this post today...  thought it was funny that there's a local guy named Garret Sparks until I realized it's the Garret Sparks, haha.  No idea how or why he's part of this Facebook group, but it cracked me up, anyway.  Good to see a pro with a sense of humor (and enough free time to peruse the depths of Facebook).

Capture.png

• Like 1

Last November Sparks facebook group
Quote:
Toronto Marlies’ goaltender Garret Sparks has been suspended indefinitely by the Toronto Maple Leafs for violating team policy after directing violent and sexist language toward a user in an online group.

According to users in a Facebook goalie group for which Sparks is an administrator, members of the forum were mocking a disabled person and Sparks came to that person’s defence by asking one of those in the forum where he lived and writing, “I want to go to open hockey with you, drag you out to center ice and beat you into a [expletive] pulp until you can’t run that [expletive] little mouth of yours. God, you sound like a 13-year-old girl.”

When another member reprimanded Sparks for insulting women, he apologized and continued, “Girls don’t even whine as much as this guy does.” .

20 hours ago, orphans said:

According to users in a Facebook goalie group for which Sparks is an administrator, members of the forum were mocking a disabled person and Sparks came to that person’s defence by asking one of those in the forum where he lived and writing, “I want to go to open hockey with you, drag you out to center ice and beat you into a [expletive] pulp until you can’t run that [expletive] little mouth of yours."

Haha, that's pretty awesome.