Spreadsheet Changes

The addition of a new NHL team, and the changes to some of our rules (i.e. JV limits) has required an update to our Spreadsheet Database, at a cost of $100.  As you know, I skim a bit off the entry fees in order to pay for league things like maintaining the website, paying for the domain name, keeping Excel updated to the latest version, purchasing hard drives, etc.  Unexpected hits, like updating the Spreadsheet Database, are a little tougher to manage and come out of the small profit I pocket from Capwise each year.

If you feel so inclined to contribute any additional funds on top of the entry fee you've already paid, your donations would be greatly appreciated by everyone within this community who benefits from these costly resources.

You can contribute by clicking the "CUSTOM" button under the Capwise logo at the bottom of this page: http://capwisehockey.com/shop/.  Any amount, small or large, makes a dent and is appreciated!

Thank you all for what you bring to the community -- whether it's donating money, or just giving us all your best fantasy effort (which everyone does!), or simply engaging in some fun hockey chit chat from time to time -- for a hockey fan in a hockey wasteland down here in SoCal, it's a pleasure.

It's time to show James a little love. 3 years ago I was worried James might be looking to reduce the time he gives us. But things changed, the CHA expanded and now we expand again. Keeping 8 CHA leagues going smoothly is no small task. James, Byz and Bagwell provide us with so much. We've come a long way since the first game of the HUFA. Thanks again for all you guys do. Donation made.

I know that nobody really likes it when the rookie stands up in the room to speak, but that won't stop me. Being a part of this freakin fantastic association is a real coup for me. When I found this place it was like I died and went to Fantasy Hockey heaven.  And imagine my delight at how efficiently it is run. Never have I been in a pool or league that is run so well. And I don't really know much about what each of the governing members brings to the table, but I know that if I have a question or concern, I don't have it for long!

From the Capwise site to the great collection of characters in the CHA right down to the banners, of which I have none (yet!),this place is awesome. And to think James may have to dip into his own pocket for even a pencil is ludicrous. I made a small donation of 20$. I'm sure everyone could afford something similar. I'm certain some of you have made bigger contributions. But for the rest of us.... C'mon guys, lets show our appreciation with a couple of bucks!!

• Like 1

Completely agree. For the amount of work that is put into this league our dues are ridiculously cheap. My $20 donation has been made. It would be great if everyone did this so that James could create a fund to be used as needed. Step up boys. 

Edited by Jono19

In running another Fantrax league (believe me, boys, it's freakin' peanuts compared to Capwise) I know how expenses creep up, and how the unexpected ones just plain piss you off! The amount of work that James and the boys do is absolutely remarkable. Best $20 I ever spent.

Absolutely, also if you ever need to upgrade office again I might be able to get a full license for $15 through work.  Not sure I could do it after already purchasing one for myself but I would certainly look into it if needed.  If you ever need any excel consulting I can always take a look too.

If you felt the need to make PCFL a pay league I would support that.

Edited by fukufuji

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 4:27 PM, James said:

The addition of a new NHL team, and the changes to some of our rules (i.e. JV limits) has required an update to our Spreadsheet Database, at a cost of $100.  As you know, I skim a bit off the entry fees in order to pay for league things like maintaining the website, paying for the domain name, keeping Excel updated to the latest version, purchasing hard drives, etc.  Unexpected hits, like updating the Spreadsheet Database, are a little tougher to manage and come out of the small profit I pocket from Capwise each year.

If you feel so inclined to contribute any additional funds on top of the entry fee you've already paid, your donations would be greatly appreciated by everyone within this community who benefits from these costly resources.

You can contribute by clicking the "CUSTOM" button under the Capwise logo at the bottom of this page: http://capwisehockey.com/shop/.  Any amount, small or large, makes a dent and is appreciated!

Thank you all for what you bring to the community -- whether it's donating money, or just giving us all your best fantasy effort (which everyone does!), or simply engaging in some fun hockey chit chat from time to time -- for a hockey fan in a hockey wasteland down here in SoCal, it's a pleasure.

Thank you all for your kind words and generous donations.  We have easily raised the $100 needed to cover the updates, and then some.  The extra money will be added to the league's coffers for the future.  

Donations are welcome at any time using the link above.  Kind words are also welcome at any time :)