Lets fix Montreal Canadiens Thread

Vegeta

On 10/22/2017 at 5:30 PM, Thunder said:

I admitedly don't watch that many Edm games. I'd be curious to know how the Edm fans on here feel about his game.

In any case, I'm pretty sure he's not a perpetual liability in his zone and a turnover machine, so there is that.

Our 2nd best forward right now IMO. Gives up nothing defensively, and provides decent offense. What we're seeing right now though, is him giving you 40-45 points quite literally on his own (essentially quality #2C numbers). He has an anchor on one side in Lucic, and a slow 3rd liner on the other in Strome, and isn't seeing any #1PP time even though his passing skills are sublime due to McDavid occupying the same spot. If he were right-handed (for the PP), he'd be seeing 55-60 points regularly. Also, he's 53% on the draw so far this year. He's a beaut and the Oilers are going to trade him because they gave all their money to Russell instead. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ralphdog said:

I haven't seen him play at all but if he was good enough to be a game changer, wouldn't Vegas be trying to hang on to him?

If the Knights are willing to let him go then he probably wont be in high demand elsewhere.

montreal wants to get rid of galchenyuk for no apparent reason

8 minutes ago, RegDunlop said:

Wow, Veg, I'm amazed that you still have faith in Bergevin. As I see it, there is no plan.

iunno  up until the subban/weber trade (   but i do agree jury still out there if he beleived we could win the cup withing 4 years) he hadnt made any out of line moves,  from then on it looks like he went all in gambled and lost, 

Plekanec on the last year of his deal could be a good piece for a contender. 

This season is already looking like it's shot. Let Galchenyuk run and see what he can do. The kid is talented. There's no doubting that. I think the Columbian Dristan and Therrien fucked up his mojo. He needs somebody to show confidence in him.

I still think Weber for Subban was a good deal. Weber is better statistically by a significant amount. On a worse team. 

I honestly think. Galchenyuk can be a #1 center. He's big enough. Definitely talented enough. It will be a shame when that happens on another team.

41 minutes ago, Ralphdog said:

Does it?

So. Galchenyuk underperformed under Therrien because Therrien is a terrible coach. Galchenyuk continues to underperform under Julien because Julien is a racist. Can't wait to find out what fault we'll find with his next coach to explain why he's still awful.

I don't know if you can say it's an exodus, the good ones stayed the not so good ones went ! 

Apart from Markov and kovalev...

i dunno if the other ones were that important that they deserved a roster spot?!?  Would any of you be willing to pay 6mil for an aging dman ? And radulov in my mind is over paid for his current production rate, yeah it's better then what some of the mtl players have lol ! 

the last couple of Russians that have suited up for Montreal in the last couple years have been a disappointment

I said this when they hired Therrien. Hiring a coach that was already here and got canned is a bad idea. I don't care how many accolades the guy has. It's bad business.  From the guy working at the corner store to the garbage man. When you can a guy he should stay gone.

There is no reason a kid with Galchenyuks talent should be on the 4th line. They are treating him poorly and failing to inspire him.

43 minutes ago, leevaughn said:

There is no reason a kid with Galchenyuks talent should be on the 4th line. They are treating him poorly and failing to inspire him.

He started on the first line against LAK Oct. 18. He sucked and took two successive penalties in the first, leading to LAK's first goal. One shot on goal.

He played again on the first line against ANA the next game. Habs got 50+ shots that night. Galchenyuk? 1 shot in 18 TOI.

They are paying him 4.9M a year. Having him play on the 4th line is the worst possible outcome for them. They're not doing this because they're big bad meanies.

Byron started the season on the 4th line even after scoring 20+ goals last season. He's worked his way back up to a top six role. If Byron can do it, so can Galchenyuk. Nothing would please Julien and Bergevin more. However they may feel about the individual, they understand that they have the most to gain in having him contribute to the success of their team. 

• Like 1