Lets fix Montreal Canadiens Thread

Vegeta

1 hour ago, RegDunlop said:

but the reality seems to be that he is the only player left of any significant value, so I think they have to shop him anyway. I wonder what the realistic expectation on a return would be.

rumors have it that hes asking an arm and a leg.

oh and another arm and a leg.

• Haha 1

I think he would fair better elsewhere. Therrein quelled a youth movement . Bergevin backed him up. Pacioretty is not to blame but he if he wasn't present things may have gone differently.

Therrein was a bad hire. The CH will have fans regardless of French speaking GM's and coaches. Time to start a new ERA. Hire only Australians to run the team. 

• 1 month later...

So Plekanec at 50% retained for the Leafs' second, Kirby Reichel and Rinat Valiev.

I was hoping for a 2nd and a b-level C prospect, but this isn't too bad.

I think that's 4 picks in the second round for the Habs. Gives them flexibility at the draft.

Also sounds like Plekanec may come back as UFA. I'd like to see him end his career in a Habs jersey.

Edited by Thunder

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

Also sounds like Plekanec may come back as UFA. I'd like to see him end his career in a Habs jersey.

Meh. If Koivu can end his career as a Duck, then Turtlenec can end his career as a Leaf. What do people think of Kerby Rychel? Looks like there's some promise there. Is anyone excited?

1 hour ago, RegDunlop said:

Meh. If Koivu can end his career as a Duck, then Turtlenec can end his career as a Leaf. What do people think of Kerby Rychel? Looks like there's some promise there. Is anyone excited?

used to be a prospect,  id say there 15%chance he turns out better than a 4th liner, 

on a side topic , am I dreaming if i trade paciorrety to vgk for  codyglass + sheatheodore

19 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

used to be a prospect,  id say there 15%chance he turns out better than a 4th liner, 

on a side topic , am I dreaming if i trade paciorrety to vgk for  codyglass + sheatheodore

As good a season as they're having, I'd be surprised to see Vegas trade two of their big time prospects. I expect they'll stay the course. Maybe add a small rental, but nothing crazy.