Tavares&Duchene Chicken game?

Vegeta

Could It be possible  sakic is Holding on to  Duchene  for now  waiting to see  what happens  with tavares?  does he think Duchene is  the runner up winnner to the tavares sweepstake ( even if NYI resign him). Could it be possible  that gm are  holding on to see if they can land tavares   before comiting   an heavy price onto  acquiring duchene?

What are your prediction on where these 2 end up, Ill play

Tavares  50% NYI, 20% Mtl,  20% Car, 10%VGK and becomes their franchise player and the most paid player in the league( but tavares is a winner right?)
Duchene 30% Mtl, 30% Car, 30%,15 %Nsh, 15% other

Who else is tired about the ongoing Duchene story. It's getting old and Sakic would be stupid to continue to hold onto a player he has publicly shopped for month...oh wait Sakic probably one of the worst GM, so no surprise. 

The more I look at the NYI team and ongoing arena issues, the more I feel Tavares may actually get to UFA status, and if he does, don't see him signing in NY. 

Will be be an interesting season on the Island. 

How about Pittsburgh?  GMJR is a magician... maybe he gets Colorado to retain salary on Duchene and brings him in as the 3rd line center in exchange for like a first rounder and a D prospect or two.

Yes, I'm dreaming... there's no way it'll happen.  But if Duchene decides to hold out and not show up for camp, then maybe.

1 hour ago, James said:

How about Pittsburgh?  GMJR is a magician... maybe he gets Colorado to retain salary on Duchene and brings him in as the 3rd line center in exchange for like a first rounder and a D prospect or two.

Yes, I'm dreaming... there's no way it'll happen.  But if Duchene decides to hold out and not show up for camp, then maybe.

Justin Schultz for Duchene ;) 

I agree Bergevin should want him, I just can't imagine what he could possibly offer in return other than Galchenyuk. And my understanding is Sakic has been asking for a D + all along, so the odds seem very much against a trade with Montreal ever happening. Other teams (Carolina, Columbus) have Ds to offer and a need for a C. I think they're a better fit.

Besides, Duchene showed up to camp, so it doesn't look like he'll sit out. Sakic may hold out a little longer. I think we're better off just hoping Drouin at C works out.

• Like 1

Never realized how old Montreal's core really is until now. I mean, not old like Detroit, but..

Price - 30

Weber - 32

Petry - 29

Alzner - 28

Gallagher - 25

Pacioretty - 28

Plekanec - 34

Drouin and Galchenyuk are 22 and 23 respectively.

If that window was open, it's closing fairly quickly already. Best prospects are probably Hudon, Scherbak, Poehling.. not exactly lighting the world on fire. If I'm MTL, I give this year one heckuva run, and if it doesn't work out, I start looking at the ol' rebuild.. But do it Philly-style where they did it on the fly, cause they're not as poached as Detroit is and players still have value. And start with getting that damn #1C.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bill0755 said:

Now Ottawa has Duchene and Karlsson as UFA's at the same time. Looks like Duchene is a rental the next 2 years. 

Yea. Their window is until they have to re-sign Karlsson. This is why they couldn't do the six year deal with Turris. 

I guess they're hoping White or Brown are ready for top six in three years.