Adidas Gear

Sammynos

Adidas jerseys and a handful of shirts/sweatshirts/jackets went live today on the NHL site. Very disappointed that it is going to cost $225 to get a jersey with a name on it. Even the other stuff is a hard pill to swallow. I know that is the trend of apparel, but it is becoming very expensive to be a fan. We are all in the same boat and likely have a whole wardrobe dedicated to our team. I have a whole drawer, section of the closet, and row of hats solely dedicated to the black/yellow of Pittsburgh. Was really looking forward to the Adidas apparel because I personally love their gear as I have some of it for random teams in various sports. Anyone else a little disappointed in the price points? 

Really hoping these fanatics branded jerseys are not total junk....

Prices are nuts. When Habs tickets went on sale, I spent $110 per seat to sit in the fourth row of the 3rd deck for a meaningless December game against Calgary, and would have spent even more had the game been against a "premium" team (Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Toronto, Boston... basically our rivals and the teams with the big names on them).

I'm not a huge jersey purchaser (I always wear the same one - Roy's from '93), but I do like that the Adidas jerseys have a normal shape. The ass bib on the RBK jerseys was really weird.

1 hour ago, RegDunlop said:

Bahaha - someday, Rainman, someday... many years from now. Maybe when Thatcher Demko has a few seasons under his belt. :P

Ouch! Well at least you didn't say the goalie who will take them to the promised land is playing Atom hockey right now. xD 

Hmmm me wonders if you have Demko on one of your fantasy teams.

Edited by The Rainman

Don't take it personally, Rainman! I'm just bitter because the Habs' window is closing this year (while Price is still at 6.5) and our GM seems to be more interested in shopping for tight pants and hair gel than a 1C (or a 2C, or a 3C for that matter).

...and no, I don't have Demko but I wish I did!

Edited by RegDunlop

3 hours ago, RegDunlop said:

Don't take it personally, Rainman! I'm just bitter because the Habs' window is closing this year (while Price is still at 6.5) and our GM seems to be more interested in shopping for tight pants and hair gel than a 1C (or a 2C, or a 3C for that matter).

...and no, I don't have Demko but I wish I did!

Are those tight pants you are talking about  made by Adidas? :)