2016 Top Forwards Poll

Ydomat

2016 Top Pick Points Poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2016 Top 5 forwards picked will have the most point in the 2016-2017 season?

• Auston Matthews
    • Patrik Laine
    • Pierre-Luc Dubois
    • Jesse Puljujarvi
    • Matthew Tkachuk

pwtrick kane isnt a 100pts guy, he reaaly is a ppg guy who dies get hurt, look for his point total to be equal to his gp, last year was an anomaly not a constant

19 minutes ago, Ydomat said:

BOLD.  Who is going to stop Kane from getting 100 points again? 

2 hours ago, Vegeta said:

calder goes 2 dylan strome  81gp, 61pts

hart goes 2 carey price 66gp, 41wins

norris goes 2 erik karlsson 82gp, 76pts

art ross goes 2  sidney crosby 87pts

rocket richard  goes 2  steven stamkos 53g

I'm still not sold on Strome sticking around the NHL all year. From what I have read his skating is still a big concern.

hanzal gets hurt  tieing his shoe

vermette well hes no #1c 

i love dvorak, but 1 has to think  strome  is ahead of him at the moment?

dauphin.....

18 minutes ago, djb738 said:

Hanzal, Vermette, Dvorak can play center, and Dauphin. Will be interesting what they do with Strome.

Dobber had me write his Calder article/list for the Fantasy Guide this year (shameless plug, out August 1st), and it was 25 players who have a shot at the Calder. 

I too think that Laine has a leg up on Matthews, mostly due to points. The Calder in the past has been so points driven. I see Matthews having a year similar to Eichel's. If he ends up around 60 points, that will be a good first season. 

Darkhorses outside of the Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi conversation - Sebastian Aho, Mikko Rantanen, Dylan Strome, Jimmy Vesey....

Edited by Bardown26

Yeah, the top-hyped free agents who come out of college are usually NHL-level, but 2nd/3rd line types. Bozak, Hayes, Schultz.. Torey Krug seems like the most successful recent (last 10 years) signing of the bunch. I could see Vesey being top 5 in voting, but a lot of luck would have to break his way, and I wouldn't put $5 on him being top 3.

1 hour ago, byz said:

Yeah, the top-hyped free agents who come out of college are usually NHL-level, but 2nd/3rd line types. Bozak, Hayes, Schultz.. Torey Krug seems like the most successful recent (last 10 years) signing of the bunch. I could see Vesey being top 5 in voting, but a lot of luck would have to break his way, and I wouldn't put $5 on him being top 3.

Yeah, they haven't been great, but some have been pretty good: Glendening, DeKeyser, Krug, Schultz (recently picked it up).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...