Eichel Robbery

Vegeta

8x 10m for a careerhigh of 57pts... i know its 61games  ......thats so much money...............

b5w rnh rookie season is 52pts in 61games just saying

seems to me they paid him assuming he reached is upside, sortof risky, if shits start hitting the fan the contract wont help him

Edited by Vegeta

• James changed the title to Eichel Robbery
2 hours ago, Vegeta said:

8x 10m for a careerhigh of 57pts... i know its 61games  ......thats so much money...............

b5w rnh rookie season is 52pts in 61games just saying

seems to me they paid him assuming he reached is upside, sortof risky, if shits start hitting the fan the contract wont help him

Translation: 8 years at 10 million per year for a career high of 57 points... I know that was in 61 games, but still... just saying it seems to me they paid him with the assumption that he'll reach his upside. Sort of risky... if shit starts hitting the fan, that contract won't help him any. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If healthy, I expect Eichel to be a top 10 scorer in the league this season. McDavid’s contract set the bar, so $10m for Eichel is about where everyone assumed this contract would fall. These contracts for top end guys are now all likely $10m plus. Assume Laine after another 40+ goal year will also be a $10m + player and Karlsson might exceed the McDavid AVV. 

13 minutes ago, bill0755 said:

If healthy, I expect Eichel to be a top 10 scorer in the league this season. McDavid’s contract set the bar, so $10m for Eichel is about where everyone assumed this contract would fall. These contracts for top end guys are now all likely $10m plus. Assume Laine after another 40+ goal year will also be a $10m + player and Karlsson might exceed the McDavid AVV. 

agreed but at that point 2x 40goal season  is an argument for such money,  52+57pts is not .. even tho i think eichel will b worth it

Don't underestimate the value of a "franchise player" from a marketing/fan perspective, and even from a team culture perspective.  A contract like this sends a clear message, like Lee mentioned above, to everyone... fans, teammates, coaches, etc.  This franchise will be built around Eichel for the next decade, for better or worse.  Hopefully he lives up to that role.  

sure is , i just think they could of  got hik for more 8m per year , what if  eichle gts 78 and reinhart beaks out at 62pts, which isnt out of the realm of possibility, how do you not  pay reinhart 8m +  if he start comparing his production to the  10m man, 

Edited by Vegeta

15 hours ago, James said:

Translation: 8 years at 10 million per year for a career high of 57 points... I know that was in 61 games, but still... just saying it seems to me they paid him with the assumption that he'll reach his upside. Sort of risky... if shit starts hitting the fan, that contract won't help him any. ;)

seems like you translated exactly what you said originally lol

6 hours ago, James said:

Don't underestimate the value of a "franchise player" from a marketing/fan perspective, and even from a team culture perspective.  A contract like this sends a clear message, like Lee mentioned above, to everyone... fans, teammates, coaches, etc.  This franchise will be built around Eichel for the next decade, for better or worse.  Hopefully he lives up to that role.  

Yeah, like that Montreal guy. What was his name again? P.J. Stock?

I don't like this deal, but James and Lee make a good point. 

I think this deal will look very good for the Sabres once the year is done.  Eichel could be a top 5 player in his prime.  

I was thinking of trying to trade for him in my leagues, with the hopes that the Sabres would drive a hard bargain for a bit, and end up with a top 3 centre on a Draisaitl type deal.  No luck there.  After this year, Eichel may have been able to ask for 11.5 or so (Matthews money), so I think all sides will be happy.     

1 hour ago, bill0755 said:

I don't think there is any doubt there will be another lock out once the current CBA expires. Afraid the next one could last a whole season😒

its a shame the players are categorically terrible at negotiating and lack foresight to plan ahead in most instances. People were calling out the olympics as a wedge against the players for a while and here we are. its something on the table the owners are going to use to concede more things from the players that should of been thought through years ago. 

I love this sport but i reallllllllllllllllllly hate the NHL

• Like 1