Most famous person contest.

Rustyram78

I posted something similar in the old thread about if you know anyone in the NHL. So, why not expand it to anyone famous?

Criteria is you have to either know them or have hung out with them.  Waiting in line for an autograph doesn't count!!

Mine will be easily beatable, but, the last girl I dated before my wife (circa summer 2000) was a Chicago Bulls luvabull. 

That's pretty much it for me, but I'm curious to hear who knows or has hung with someone famous!!

OP expressing interest in your stories, really just bragging about ex girlfriend lolololololol.  Dang a Lovabull?  I have not had that kind of luck on the women side of the equation.

I can not say I really ever hung out with someone famous.  In the mid west we don't get a lot of traffic from celebrities.

I worked with an independent league baseball team in York, PA right after I graduated and had the chance to meet two pretty big local and national names. 

First was Brooks Robinson. He was part of the founding fathers so to speak of the team and we had statues of him outside the front gates as well as the whole outside plaza named after him. I had the pleasure of being in an exclusive meet & greet with one of my clients and Brooks. So many crazy old time baseball stories. 

I also had the opportunity to meet and work with John Kuhn (Green Bay Packers) for our All-Star game. We flew him in from GB secretly and surprised his whole family (he is from Dover, PA which is close to York) when he showed up to throw out the first pitch. 

Didnt meet him personally, but I played college football against Cecil Shorts III (Houston Texans) when he was with Mount Union. We played them in the playoffs in 2010. Didn't end well for us. 

53 minutes ago, fukufuji said:

OP expressing interest in your stories, really just bragging about ex girlfriend lolololololol.  Dang a Lovabull?  I have not had that kind of luck on the women side of the equation.

I can not say I really ever hung out with someone famous.  In the mid west we don't get a lot of traffic from celebrities.

Maybe a little.... to be honest, she was one year removed from being a luvabull and was still hanging out with Bulls players at the time. My fun with her lasted all of about 5 weeks..... and, I'm fairly certain that I'm Eskimo brothers with Dennis Rodman..... haha!!!! My claim to fame!

3 hours ago, OlDirtyBoogey said:

Vanna White is still around?? I remember watching wheel of fortune when I was home sick from school about 30 years ago. Is she still hot?

She totally is.  Even at nearly 60 years old.

Through my job I've had the pleasure of meeting/working with a bunch of celebrities, especially those who've played celebrity Jeopardy!  Most recently... Louis CK, Anderson Cooper, Aaron Rodgers, and many, many others.  Plus, of course, Trebek, Sajak, and Vanna White.  It's been fun.  A friend of mine is also an actress/writer in her own right... she's on the show Drunk History, and had a Jack Black-produced web series on Yahoo last year.  There's also a Morgan Spurlock-produced documentary out now about the rec league basketball team she started, the Pistol Shrimps.

Athletes, musicians, etc... I haven't been so lucky.  I grew up in a small town with the Red Wings' old AHL affiliate, so I've been coached at least once by Bowman, Melrose, Merkosky.  My buddy's uncle is John Ogrodnick who played almost 1000 NHL games and scored over 400 goals, but I've never met him.  That's about the extent of it!

I've been lucky in my life to be around a lot of famous people. In SC, I worked as a realtor and listed Robert Langs' mansion that he stayed in during the off-season. He shared his skate board for practicing my stride. Played golf with him. He had 3-6 handicap. Attended a few pool parties. Really nice family but I never felt he liked living in the south but his wife loved it. He definitely had a European point of view but rarely discuss politics in the upscale conservative community he lived in part-time. Smart guy.

mmhm, i played  ball hockey with alex burrows

i played alot with roberto luongo, his brother was a teamate of mine

ive redone the leaky roof of alex galchenyuk senior , he was there with alexs sister

redone the roof of claude maillot ( former analyst at RDS)

ive worked with normand flyinn ( rds analyst) 

played hockey with  daniel audette sons whois a  mtl prospect

chad johnson former nhl enforcer for detroit i think was my coach in highschool ( the dude is awesome)

thats on top of my head