Wilson 3 games for ZAR hit

bill0755

I think it's crazy that he hasnt been suspended yet in these playoffs. A few very questionable hits and I think he left his feet several times. The hit on Wennberg stands out to me. It's all fun and nice to be aggresive but this guy skates the line every night. Take the rest of the series off asshole.

Personally I think it's just right.  But I'm a Penguins fan, of course.

The hit was borderline, but you can't give this guy the benefit of the doubt again.  Third head shot THIS PLAYOFFS.  And a suspension history.  Plus the injury was severe.  Seems like a no-brainer, to me.

Four games might've made more sense though -- watch him come back for Game 7 and play hero somehow.

Guy tries to injure plain and simple.  Laughs on bench when opponent is in distress.  In the old days pretty much every team had an enforcer to look after jerks like this.  And he would pay dearly.  Now the league must protect the players.  They have been very inconsistent.  But they got this one right.  In fact should have been longer.  

‘I am not a Pens fan but now I really hope they put away the Caps.

Another couple cents worth.  IMO Kadri’s hit was not more predatory, not by a long shot.  Kadri was reacting to Marner getting hit in the head.  It was a split second decision.

Wilson is out there cruising around wondering who he can waste out there.  He looks for players in vulnerable positions.  His hit was far more predatory.

ZAR could have lifetime symptoms due to this.  Broke his jaw, concussion.  Or the symptoms could disappear but brain issues come out later in life.

Dont give me the old time hockey, NHL is getting too soft BS, this stuff needs to get cleaned up.  Too much is known now about brain injuries, it is very serious.

I think it will get cleaned up eventually, and it couldn’t happen soon enough for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dougall said:

To be honest I might be minority but I don't think he should have got anything for this hit. I think that the NHL was trying to make up for the Dumelin hit

Same here. ZAR could have tried to make him whiff on the hit instead he too looked for the contact. Dumoulin should indeed have result in punishment.

3 hours ago, Zigmund said:

Same here. ZAR could have tried to make him whiff on the hit instead he too looked for the contact. Dumoulin should indeed have result in punishment.

ZAR was boxed in by the other player, so he did what he was supposed to do and braced himself for the hit. You can see it in the replays. Wilson came in WAY too high and caught him in the face. He probably smashed his jaw into a bunch of pieces. Dude is a scumbag. Sorry. :(

4 hours ago, Bluecharm said:

Another couple cents worth.  IMO Kadri’s hit was not more predatory, not by a long shot.  Kadri was reacting to Marner getting hit in the head.  It was a split second decision.

Wilson is out there cruising around wondering who he can waste out there.  He looks for players in vulnerable positions.  His hit was far more predatory.

ZAR could have lifetime symptoms due to this.  Broke his jaw, concussion.  Or the symptoms could disappear but brain issues come out later in life.

Dont give me the old time hockey, NHL is getting too soft BS, this stuff needs to get cleaned up.  Too much is known now about brain injuries, it is very serious.

I think it will get cleaned up eventually, and it couldn’t happen soon enough for me.

Kadri's hit was way more predatory and it's not even close. I even heard commentators on the radio debating if Wilson should have had anything, arguing his momentum carried the hit up into the head area. The fact he made contact with his head warrants a suspension, but you're overreacting on this one.

You could also argue that the reason Wilson left his feet was due to momentum, too. Doesn't warrant more than a 1-game.

He also did not hit a player in a vulnerable position. The Pittsburgh player turns and sees him coming. The guy Kadri hit - pure definition of a vulnerable position. Didn't see him coming, was down on the ice with his head against the boards. Kadri should have had twice the suspension that Wilson got.

• Like 1

He got suspended because of the outcome. Plain and simple. He did not leave his feet and led with the shoulder like you are taught. Wilson is a dirty player at times and not a fan, but the guy is like 6’5” and the height difference is not his fault.

https://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2018/05/02/tom-wilson-suspended-three-games-illegal-head-check-penguins-zach-aston-reese/

DoPS argued that Wilson could have stayed “low and hitting through Aston-Reese’s core,” but instead “extends up and into the hit unnecessarily, rising up onto the toes of his skates then coming completely off the ice through contact.” DoPS also explained that “the head was the main point of contact on a hit where such contact was avoidable.”

• Like 1

The guy went in with such upward momentum that he ended up over and into his own bench.  

Look I didn’t like the Kadri hit either but it was reactionary, not predatory.  And with his history the suspension was warranted.  No argument.

But Wilson planned his hit, you could see it coming.  And he has a history too.  He was planning to inflict maximum damage on ZAR.  And he left his feet to do it.  Predatory, dirty and despicable.  And his reaction on the bench tells you everything you need to know.  No respect and classless.

1 hour ago, Bagwell said:

https://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2018/05/02/tom-wilson-suspended-three-games-illegal-head-check-penguins-zach-aston-reese/

DoPS argued that Wilson could have stayed “low and hitting through Aston-Reese’s core,” but instead “extends up and into the hit unnecessarily, rising up onto the toes of his skates then coming completely off the ice through contact.” DoPS also explained that “the head was the main point of contact on a hit where such contact was avoidable.”

They did a good job breaking it down. They've convinced me.

• Like 1