Vegas

Ralphdog

Can Vegas beat either Winnipeg or Nashville?

Can you imagine if Vegas goes to the final?

What does this mean for the Seattle franchise? Will they get the same player exposure as Vegas had given the success of this first year team?

Has to be right? They can't change the rules for the next expansion team can they?

I would have never expected them to get this far, but as long as they play a fast game, always on the puck and MAF continues to play like he did last year in the Washington series, I would not count them out. 

I do feel WPG is headed to the finals and first time for a Canadian team in the finals in how long?? 

Even if the Pens beat the Caps which would be very big uphill climb, I don’t see either team getting past TB. 

If its TB and WPG or LAK in the finals I am 100% rooting for either WPG or LAK to win the cup. 

Seattle will not be quite the same Vegas situation.  GM's aren't going to take the same approach in trading picks/players to protect this guy or that. Sound like more will take the Ken Holland Detroit approach and take who you're taking.

• Like 1

I agree, Winnipeg is the best team left on paper with Tampa being a close second. Vegas plays a fast game - they remind me of the Predators from a year ago - but let's face it, the biggest reason they're this far is Marc-Andre Fleury. Guy has been outstanding so far and will be the obvious Conn Smythe winner if they somehow get to the Cup.

2 hours ago, bill0755 said:

If its TB and WPG or LAK in the finals I am 100% rooting for either WPG or LAK to win the cup. 

Go Kings! Haha.

TB ALL THE WAY! Trust the Yzerplan!

Also, I thought Vegas was going to be finishing in the bottom of the league - like 29th or 30th. Whoops.

I don't think Vegas is supposed to be where they are. 

Their top 5 scorers. Karlsson Marchessault Perron Smith Haula. All had career years.

Karllsson nearly tripled his output points wise. 

Mathematically and as the past as reference. There's to many anomalies to be sustainable. The wheels should come off the bus.

When and where and if ? I don't know. It's really conjecture at this point.

I'd love to see Winnipeg win it all being a Canadian team, but the simple truth is the majority of players are Canadian on most teams anyways.

I'd be ok with PIT coming back and going for the three-peat. Crosby is the man and it would be something to see.  Doesn't happen like that in the NHL very often in the modern era.

Vegas winning would just be an awesome story. 

Not sure why I hate on the Caps so much and Tampa is a divisional opponent for my Maple Leafs (sob sob).

I feel like any of the 6 remaining teams has a legitimate shot at winning the cup... but my money's on Winnipeg vs. Tampa.  And I have no idea who wins that one... would be a great series.  In two terrible television markets, ha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!

The Golden Knights are in the finals, who could have even envisioned this is October. They play a fast game, great goalie, steady defenseman who make the right plays and some offensive depth in the line-up.

Fluery and Neal make the Cup finals for the 3rd year in a row for Fluery and 2nd year in a row for Neal. 

Tuch, and yes thank you GMJR, Ryan Reaves scored the winning goal.

Hats off to GMGM and cast off coach of the year ( Thanks Florida) GG.

I believe they will be a force in the Western Conference for many years. 

Love be to see Fluery win his 4th cup and very likely the Conn Smyth. MAF where was this goaltending during your earlier years with the Pens, if he played like this with the Pens (pre Matt Murray), the Pens should have won 1-2 more Cups.

I think that was one of the biggest upsets we've seen in a series in recent memory.

If you evaluate their rosters player by player, the Jets are significantly better on paper. But they made too many mistakes, got almost nothing from Laine or Ehlers, and Fleury thoroughly outplayed Helleybuck.

I'm trying to think of comparable Cinderella tales and the 1996 Florida Panthers spring to mind. 

If it's the Lightning that advance, though, once again, they are a large amount better than Vegas on paper. Nothing seems to shake this Vegas team, though.

I've loved the Vegas Cinderella story all year. But is anyone else thinking this has gone too far? An expansion team winning the Cup just feels wrong, especially considering the draft rules this season.

Personally, I'd like to see Washington make the finals and beat Vegas. After all, Washington was the worst expansion team ever, and the franchise has waited nearly 45 years for this. Washington's fans truly deserve a cup.

• Like 1