Rinne

leevaughn

7 minutes ago, leevaughn said:

You're not to far off from Tavares money .  Tavares Johansen Turris up the middle smells like a cup.

You certainly need a very solid star goalie too win the cup and not sure Saros is even a proven solid NHL goalie. 

Tough contract to move on a goalie who shines in the regular season and was a key reason behind the Preds playoff loses the past two seasons. 

2 minutes ago, bill0755 said:

You certainly need a very solid star goalie too win the cup and not sure Saros is even a proven solid NHL goalie. 

Tough contract to move on a goalie who shines in the regular season and was a key reason behind the Preds playoff loses the past two seasons. 

With one year on the contract left. A team with goalie woes and some cap might make that move. 

Not sure if they'd allow Rinne to stay in the division... I'd rule out STL.  Philly doesn't make sense either -- that team is heading very much in the right direction, and Hart is the goalie of the future.  No sense in rushing things by trading away quality prospects for Rinne.  Carolina could make sense, although it would mean admitting a mistake on Darling.  NYI makes a lot of sense to me, especially if Tavares goes.  You're already getting Halak's 4.5 mil off the books, and it doesn't look like any of their prospects are ready to be NHLers alongside Greiss yet (Sorokin, Soderstrom, Chris Gibson).  

If I had to guess though, I think Rinne stays.

I think everybody underestimates the prestige that comes along with returning the CH to the promised land. If Bergevin can talk and pay I see it as a huge possibility. A top level scoring winger in Pax. Shea Weber who everyone is counting out. Carey Price. Something he has never had is a star goalie. 

A potential phenom rookie and a decent supporting cast in Byron , Gallagher , Drouin, Galchenyuk, Danault Alzner.

There's pieces.  I do think it's a huuuuuuuge possibility. 

You heard it here for the millionth time folks

I think you overestimate the lure of the CH all together. At one time I thought the same thing about Tavares maybe coming here. But then I thought, why would he want to come here over somewhere like San Jose? Heavy media scrutiny along with language politics and an unfriendly tax situation could deter any player from coming to MTL, let alone a player that will literally have his pick as to where he ends up. I'd have to think a team like the Sharks, that are competitive year over year are a much more desirable landing spot for Tavares. That's not even taking into account the weather conditions, and if you think that weather isn't a big factor in the players minds when signing contracts just look at Winterpeg. No kidding they did it the right way through the draft and Cheveldayoff is a genius for his patient approach when you consider how historically difficult it has been to get players to sign there.

So he loses an important game 7 to the Jets (not good, I agree). But what if the Preds won that game? The discussion would be different (as would Rinne's value, ha).

I'd play Rinne 50 or so games next year and Saros 30 or so games. See what you have with Saros. But Poile is not afraid to trade away top talent, so I expect him to be dealt.

why nobody mention vegas? theyre winning the cup, and they need a true #1 C , guess what they have the $, and then guess what.... he can live as a nobody cuz no one in the desert knows who is tavares, go to game in flipflops, and keep winning cups XD

• Like 1