Lou to run the Islanders

bill0755

Good or bad move? ( I say good move)

Is this goodbye to Garth Snow? (If your an Islander fan, I am not, I’m sure they hope so!)

Does this change anything at all for Johnny T approaching UFA status. (Not really sure why it would in the short term and still believe JT goes to FA and then the shit gets real for the NYI)

Guess Lou missed the Northeast and wants to move back to Jersey😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Raken65 said:

Read somewhere on Twitter ( think it was Elliot Freidman) before that Lou has already spoken to JT in an official Islander capacity role.

I heard that this morning as well.  Is that not considered collusion by NHL standards?

Lou is only a good move if Johnny T stays.  At some point he needs to ride off into the sunset.

• 3 weeks later...

From what you read, Tavares really likes Weight so my guess is that he at least goes to the one week “interview” period prior to July 1st to see what his options are with other teams. 

That at would mean Tavares would likely be the #1 pick in the Capwise re-entry draft in September. 

Big blow to current Johnny T owners in Capwise to lose him without any return. OUCH