Tom Wilson

djb738

If the NHL doesn't suspend him it discredits everything they have done up to this point to get those kind of hits out of the NHL. It also sends a bad message to Wilson in my opinion. This player has a clear history of dirty hits and has already been suspended once during the playoffs for a dirty hit.

Question is, would everyone be calling for Wilson to be suspended if Marchessault was injured and out the rest of the SCF due to the hit?

Yeah, Perron went after Ovechkin. I think he punched Ovechkin a couple of times in the mouth and gave Ovechkin a bloody lip.

• Like 1

Should he be suspended? Yes

Will he be suspended? No

Had a friend text me last night and say that NHL can't suspend him if the refs are going to ignore the Reaves crosscheck prior to his goal. Eye for an eye or something...love listening to them stick up for him.

Why is the Perron situation not getting more talk. He came off the bench to engage a player. Technically it’s an automatic 10 game suspension. I realize that nothing really resulted from it since Ovie tried to ignore him. But if Ovie gets in a fight with him when challenged isn’t that an automatic suspension for Perron?

And I agree that Wilson continues to go over the line. Clearly the message the league has tried to send him with his previous suspension isn’t going to change the way he plays. I was a little surprised Reeves didn’t do anything about it but I guess he didn’t want to risk the game. 

And to be clear - I don't particularly care about Perron getting an discipline. He didn't do anything that bad. I just find it amazing how unpredictable the NHL is in the way they enforce their rules. Sometimes they hold up the rule book and say "we have to call it this way as it's clearly outlined in the rule book". Other times the book seems firmly shoved up their backside and ignored. 

The claim in this case seems to be that there is no altercation already going on. Like I said earlier, if Ovie had gotten into it with him then I think the suspension would have to be called. 

Looks like no hearing for Wilson. While the hit was late, it wasn't a headshot, so it really doesn't warrant more than an interference penalty. 

Jono, you do have a point about Perron. Technically there were scrums all over the ice at the time and he came on as a sixth man. Not allowed. 10 games would seem harsh for that, but remember when Tkachuk got 10 for poking at a player with his stick after leaving the ice? That wasn't any worse.

Edited by originaljroc