What an atmosphere

Dougall

8 hours ago, Ydomat said:

I'm not sure how many Caps fans were there but it seemed like a really incredible atmosphere for a SCF.  

Ovi was absolutely on fire with passion/emotion. 

So was the lady in the white dress in the glass seats as well!  

Haha I loved Burakovsky’s reaction to that lady.

Got some insight on both the watch party and the weekend's antics from a friend who is a Caps fan.

He, his wife, and some friends went to the screen watch party and said it was an incredible atmosphere. His only disappointment is that they had NO bathroom options for people watching in the streets. All the bars were on a "1 in, 1 out" policy forcing people to wait in multiple hour lines just to find a bathroom. As a result he mentioned seeing many people finding a corner or alley to go down and try to avoid being seen. Definitely a little bit of an oversight by DC, but hey...they likely didn't expect to have THAT many people outside the arena. He said it was amazing how minimal the antics were after the win too. The only thing he saw was people moving the traffic barricades, which caused for a little confusion but no burning, looting, rioting, etc. So this is when things get crazier because he runs into John Carlson's friend (mentioned meeting this guy a few times before at the same bar) and casually mentioned they were going to continue drinking by the pool at their hotel. Fast forward a little bit and Carlson's friend mentions he will be right back and when he returns Brent Johnson is with him. My buddy sent me a bunch of pictures of them just shooting the breeze with Brent Johnson and having a few beers.

Same friend and his wife went to DC on Saturday to grab a few drinks and be in the atmosphere. As they got down there people kept mentioning that the cup was down the street. Yes, yes it indeed was because this was the now famous water fountain situation. Oshie, Vrana, Kuz, Ovi, Holtby, Wilson, and Backstrom were just hanging out letting everyone get pictures with them and the cup. Then they decided to jump into the fountain, where Wilson handed his phone and wallet to my friend's wife. No seriously.... Apparently he didn't remember it and started yelling at Ovi because he thought Ovi had taken it. They were both standing there when Vrana decided he was getting a tattoo. I was absolutely blown away by how cool all of this sounded. Just a bunch of local heroes letting a whole city enjoy the party. As much as I want to be mad the Caps won this year, I simply can't given how much raw emotion and excitement has stemmed from all this.

B570FF99-7CD8-4F8B-824A-3C62BB5E6106.jpeg

B55BE7FC-83B7-4DD5-8B37-A25DFA9D5F8B.jpeg

904BB612-BCFF-4BA7-9180-EAE44F84D65A.jpeg

B64F5986-282E-4AC4-8372-A1BF0B213188.jpeg

A45983D2-F3CB-4C85-AD43-8E5FEC022B16.jpeg

Edited by Sammynos
  • Like 4

Players were awesome.

We were in the MGM after the game when Brayden Holtby came in with the cup.  Unfortunately my cell had died by then so no fun pics :(...although what happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas I believe they say :).

Somehow we were able to get some free drinks off their tab which I heard local rumours on Friday that it crept up over $100K that night!

On the flight out Friday Kelly Hrudy was on my plane and he was sitting beside us at the gate. One of the nicest men I have ever met. He did not hesitate to chat and was engaged in the conversation. Having said that we treated him with respect and didn't harass for autographs etc.

• Like 2