Ekman-Larsson Verbally Agrees to Deal w/ Coyotes

djb738

The percentage of players heading north of 8 million a season is growing quickly. OEL definitely deserves it. Locking up a 27 years old top pairing defensemen for 8 years should work out great for the Coyotes. If Raanta can play next season like he did during the last couple of months of this season and the offense keeps improving, Arizona could finally become a contender. Having a success in Las Vegas should help silent the Arizona haters that say you can't build a Stanley Cup team in the desert.

Nice deal for a top defenseman for Arizona. 

From a pure Capwise perspective I am not really sure I would invest 8 years and $8m on OEL was rated at the 34th best defenseman in Fantrax. 

Pretty sure there here are better value options the OEL from a pure fantasy perspective. 

Thoughts.....

3 minutes ago, bill0755 said:

Nice deal for a top defenseman for Arizona. 

From a pure Capwise perspective I am not really sure I would invest 8 years and $8m on OEL was rated at the 34th best defenseman in Fantrax. 

Pretty sure there here are better value options the OEL from a pure fantasy perspective. 

Thoughts.....

Felt the same way. Probably great deal in real life borderline for us. Although I do feel he has the potential to be worth that contract.

13 minutes ago, Salros said:

At this moment, I'm planning on keeping him. If he keeps shooting, the powerplay success improves and he becomes a positive in the +/- category, his 8 million will seem reasonable.

Then I would assume Evander Kane @ $7M is a pretty decent value too, as he does offer a very broad fantasy stats pack. 

1 hour ago, bill0755 said:

Then I would assume Evander Kane @ $7M is a pretty decent value too, as he does offer a very broad fantasy stats pack. 

If Kane has found some peace of mind in SJ, he will be a great player to own in the CHA for many seasons.