Karlsson v. Hoffman

Thunder

Agree when I saw this on Twitter I was shocked by the story. 

Assume that this could definitely mean one of those players will be on the move this summer. If not, it will really be a challenging time in the locker room for these two high level players in Ottawa next season. 

Apparently reading Twitter, we can believe it or not, that Ottawa management knew about the situation as was one of their reasons behind moving these two high quality players. 

Edited by bill0755

With his baggage, not really too sure who will take the risk and trade with this player with his apparently toxic fiancé or girlfriend. 

Bad situation for the Senators as they either have to keep him, which would not be great for team moral, or try to get what they can in a trade and it won’t be a good deal as your trading from a position of weakness from the Ottawa side.

Just a very bad situation for the Senators to deal with along with the situation with their Assistent GM. 

Agreed. But fans in Ottawa know that if he's still here on July 1, then there's no way he's signing an extension.

While I believe most fans in Ottawa assume Karlsson isn't staying,  not putting forward a "good effort" (even just for public opinion), will disastrous for the franchise. 

9 minutes ago, barrett said:

And Hoffman is gone. From Sens twitter account

TRADE: The #Sens have acquired forward Mikkel Boedker, defenceman Julius Bergman and a sixth-round choice in the 2020 NHL Draft from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Mike Hoffman, Cody Donaghy and Ottawa’s fifth-round pick in 2020

guess they got what they could get....not much.....sure will be interesting to see what happens with Karlsson now...

Surprising that anyone went after Hoffman.  Can't believe that Ottawa was able to trade Hoffman before the pending case was resolved.  Dorian was in a very tough spot and got a better return than I thought he would.

On the other side, San Jose is media anonymity and a perfect place for Hoffman to go.  The Sharks get a goal scorer that they need and if he and Kane can stay out of trouble the Sharks could be really good.

49 minutes ago, Sammynos said:

Senators really need to consider giving their pick to the Avs this year. Looking more and more likely that they are strong contenders for Hughes next year...

Read that the Sens are seriously considering it and the Avs are currently acting as they have that pick. If I read correctly the Sens don’t really have to give the Avs too much of an advanced notice.

8 minutes ago, djb738 said:

Read that the Sens are seriously considering it and the Avs are currently acting as they have that pick. If I read correctly the Sens don’t really have to give the Avs too much of an advanced notice.

From what i understand, it can happen on the trade floor.