Capwise Clock Ticking on John Tavares for the 2018 re-entry draft

bill0755

The clock is counting down on Johnny T becoming UFA in Capwise and a nice pickup for a team, that can afford his new contract, in the re-entry draft. 

All signs would seem to indicate that he will not resign with the NYI prior to the June 20th Capwise deadline. 

Big potential lose for some Capwise teams and Big potential gain for some others. 

Tick..Tock.. the clock is ticking💰

8 minutes ago, bill0755 said:

I traded him at the beginning of this season in one of my leagues too rather than take the risk of losing him for nothing. 

I needed him for the season tho  since i was contending. He was my 2nd pick in the inaugural sfhl draft . He got me a banner and got runner up last season, i sent him away for

1st pick re-entry (2nd overall)

Brady skjei

Conditiinal 1st pick re-entry  ( 1st overall) if he resigns before june 20th

Edited by Vegeta

57 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

I needed him for the season tho  since i was contending. He was my 2nd pick in the inaugural sfhl draft . He got me a banner and got runner up last season, i sent him away for

1st pick re-entry (2nd overall)

Brady skjei

Conditiinal 1st pick re-entry  ( 1st overall) if he resigns before june 20th

It's crazy that you got that kind of return for him. I didn't even try to trade him because it was always highly unlikely he'd resign before the deadline and I never thought there would be a taker. Good on you.

The gm wanted  tavares  big time so he assured him self to get him reguardless  of what tavares does as he owns the 1st overall  re entry and tavares .  A cade could b made that the 2nd pick overall  isnt that much value  its pr9bably carlson  at 8mx7 which is crazy. In reality it just cost him skjei

14 hours ago, djb738 said:

Just saw that Tavares and the Islanders have had daily contract talks....there is still hope for the Tavares owners after all.

With Lou in town instead of Garth there is a chance. A couple of things need to be ironed out through.  A permanent arena that is not the Barclays Center and a goalie.  Ilya Sorokin said earlier he wouldn't come over from Russia if Weight was the GM still.  That is not the case now and I wonder if there is a chance for him.  That guy has been a STUD in the KHL and could stabilize that team moving forward.  Hockey players tend to be loyal and not move.  My guess is he signs and stays in Long Island.  Before June 20th?  That we'll have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, James said:

Just want to make sure it's clear -- if Tavares re-signs on June 20, you'll still lose him.  He needs to have a deal done, with at least 2 reliable sources reporting on it, by the end of the day on June 19.  Good luck!

Eklund counts as a reliable source right?

• Like 2