[Trade] Galchenyuk for Domi

Thunder

I agree with most of what's being said here ,Galchenyuk would certainly not have gotten a top center in return.

The problem I have is over the last 2 years we have traded PK ,Sergachev and him ,you would think that in all that dealing we should have got a top C in return ,as Vegata said ,it seems were always moving sideways now instead of forward.

I am 99.9 % convinced Patches will be traded too ,maybe there with a package of 2nd round picks is where we get the Top C but who knows.

• Like 1

So Beregvin gave a French-language interview to explain the trade that was posted to TVA Sports a few hours ago. Here's the link: http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/06/16/bergevin-sexplique-sur-lechange-de-galchenyuk

Here are a few of Bergevin's explanations.

“They are different players.”

“A trade is not judged by goals and assists.”

“This was a hockey trade.”

iWKad22.jpg

Edited by RegDunlop

8 hours ago, Raken65 said:

I was driving to work when a friend texted me about this trade ,my 1st reaction was ...ok...I guess we ( we being Habs) also got 5th overall Amateur as well so yeah we didn't and no I wasn't happy

9 hours later , I think it's just a swap of 2 talented guys going nowhere with their respective teams and both GM's hoping a change of scenery does them good ,Domi is also younger and under team control longer.

The problem IMO with Habs fans ( including me) and Habs media is that we under value and criticize a player while he's here then we annoit him as  Jesus Christ Superstar the second he's traded.

I think we'll like Domi.

On a side note ,I have Domi in GNFL so if anybody wants to over bid for him I'm all ears !!

I thought he was FA ? 

43 minutes ago, RegDunlop said:

So Beregvin gave a French-language interview to explain the trade that was posted to TVA Sports a few hours ago. Here's the link: http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/06/16/bergevin-sexplique-sur-lechange-de-galchenyuk

Here are a few of Bergevin's explanations.

“They are different players.”

“A trade is not judged by goals and assists.”

“This was a hockey trade.”

iWKad22.jpg

Bah! You were outed as a Domi hater months ago. Jono will be reaping the benefits for years.

This is laughable for MTL. They’re the new Canucks. Now I expect them to draft Tkachuk. The Domi contract even fills like an overpay.  

Best at case scenario they traded a guy who can play centre for a winger of equal skill, and that’s if Domi rebounds. 

Coyotes had a very good second half of the season this past year.  Galchenyuk has a chance to be a part of a good situation there.  Wonder if he is going to be used at Center, I suspect so.  And does Dylan Strome crack the lineup?  I think so also.  I own Raanta and think he could break out.  Kind of rooting for the Yates in the west.  Interesting team.  

Edited by Bluecharm

So just read some comments about the possibility of the Pens possibly dealing Brassard to the Canadians. Very Interesting. Maybe Domi will be a short time Canadian. Don’t think the Pens would do Brassard for Domi one for one, but maybe the addition of a 2nd round pick or two might be enticing. 

So Canadian Fans, do you think Brassard would be a nice fit in Montreal??

2 minutes ago, bill0755 said:

So just read some comments about the possibility of the Pens possibly dealing Brassard to the Canadians. Very Interesting. Maybe Domi will be a short time Canadian. Don’t think the Pens would do Brassard for Domi one for one, but maybe the addition of a 2nd round pick or two might be enticing. 

So Canadian Fans, do you think Brassard would be a nice fit in Montreal??

no keep him

Sure looks like he is at least going to the interview week before making a decision.

Bad news for Capwise Johnny T owners today, and great news for the those that have the #1 re-entry pick and enough cap space to take on that nice shiny $11+ million AVV for 7-8 years. 

Be interesting if he interviews with Montreal. Still thinks it's probably a 75% chance he stays on the Island and 25% he signs elsewhere. Still don't know how in the world Toronto can make it work.