Austin Watson

Sammynos

Was just coming to post something about this. Will certainly be interesting to see how this all shakes out and how it is handled by the Preds and NHL. The ironic thing about the situation is that Watson was part of a public awareness campaign for ending violence against women.

3 minutes ago, Bagwell said:

It's the Predators. They seem like a well-run organization. If he did this and it's verified, he'll be off of the team - without a doubt. With any luck, again if it's verified, he'll get the same treatment as Voynov.

In what way? Banned from the NHL or deported? Can't be deported since he's from Michigan, but I assume you mean for the NHL to tell him he's not welcome back.

44 minutes ago, Bagwell said:

It's the Predators. They seem like a well-run organization. If he did this and it's verified, he'll be off of the team - without a doubt. With any luck, again if it's verified, he'll get the same treatment as Voynov.

And Voynov is looking to return next season

A graphic police report detailed a domestic assault, and a hospital social worker testified he was told it wasn’t the first time.

But whoever signs him — or considers it — is going to take some serious heat, especially on social media. No one wants to go on-record because of the sensitivity.

But what about the optics??!?!?! Fuck that! One of your "potential" players beat his wife. You don't want that person in your organization whether or not they're good at slapping a rubber disc around.

• Like 1

How does Hoffman get traded so easily? If his cyberbullying of a teammate and his wife is severely overlooked, I guarantee Voynov's past gets overlooked. Its the standard athlete set of rules.  If they perform on the field of play people will disregard and ignore.

I don't agree with it myself and it is 100% wrong, but that always seems to be the way.

I hear you on Voynov. But what if (and I've no idea if it's the case) he got counselling or treatment and has truly changed his behaviour? I don't know if it's the case or not, but if he has, I think people are entitled to a second chance after paying their dues.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I hear you on Voynov. But what if (and I've no idea if it's the case) he got counselling or treatment and has truly changed his behaviour? I don't know if it's the case or not, but if he has, I think people are entitled to a second chance after paying their dues.

then i think him and his agent need to get ahead of the curve and demonstrate these things. at this juncture as far as the public is concerned nothing has changed.