The Draft Day Thread

Thunder

4 minutes ago, originaljroc said:

On the Oilers front, I just hope Chia doesn't go nuts. Slow and steady wins the race. Panic trades have been his biggest downfall.

I have no problem if they keep No. 10 and just take the best player available, regardless of position, but something tells me he will panic again. :(

#10 for Cody Ceci, yeah?

20 minutes ago, originaljroc said:

On the Oilers front, I just hope Chia doesn't go nuts. Slow and steady wins the race. Panic trades have been his biggest downfall.

I have no problem if they keep No. 10 and just take the best player available, regardless of position, but something tells me he will panic again. :(

I tend to agree, jroc. It's a scary day for Edm fans. If Chia-Pete hadn't got in his own way, we'd be sitting on the current Ted Lindsay, Art Ross, Hart and Calder trophy winners, with Lucic and Larsson gone, and have over 5M more in cap space to spend on D. Ikes.

• Like 1

Heard that Brassard might be the backup alternative to O’Reilly for Les Canadians. Not really sure what comes back to the Pens in this deal other than some draft picks. 

Find it very hard to believe after all GMJR gave up to acquire Brassard that he would turn around and deal him, but guess anything is possible. 

18 minutes ago, weeoiler said:

I tend to agree, jroc. It's a scary day for Edm fans. If Chia-Pete hadn't got in his own way, we'd be sitting on the current Ted Lindsay, Art Ross, Hart and Calder trophy winners, with Lucic and Larsson gone, and have over 5M more in cap space to spend on D. Ikes.

Oh man, that's depressing. Can't believe they decided he should still be the one making decisions for the franchise.

7 minutes ago, bill0755 said:

Heard that Brassard might be the backup alternative to O’Reilly for Les Canadians. Not really sure what comes back to the Pens in this deal other than some draft picks. 

Find it very hard to believe after all GMJR gave up to acquire Brassard that he would turn around and deal him, but guess anything is possible. 

Pens gotta make room for Tavares!

23 minutes ago, Salros said:

Mikko Koskinen is a very goal goalie. Could Edmonton be convinced he's a viable #1 starting goalie? I think they might. As a Talbot owner and the present uncertainty of Crawford, I'd be happy if Talbot when to Chicago.

Amen!
I own Jones &  Talbot,  And I  have the  2nd overall re-entry pick in SFHL  for lehner ( that I got  for trading  tavares in the off  season!!!!!) 
Could you imagine Having   3  starter  on MAYBE  3  awesome  team!!!  fyi I  finished  2nd in reg season/ lost in playoff finals   while  I was  14th  in every  goalie cats!!!

2 hours ago, James said:

Pens gotta make room for Tavares!

ACTUALLY
 can you imagine selling  Tavares  a  discount contract of  around 9.5-10.5 m x7 to play on  a  top Squad like Pittsburgh
And  having  the pens  turn around and Trade  away  Malkin for a  Kings  Ransom  that would be SO AMAZING

Just think about it,...   Going foward Tavares  Probably  a better player  than malkin OVERALL..  and they can get an awesome return on malkin like  HUGE

if  that isnt PERFECT  asset Management.... Hell you  can  turn around and  send malkin to   WPG for Trouba + how awesome would the jets  look  with  Malkin+Scheiffle down the middle,  and  pittsburgh  turns  Malkin in Tavares+trouba... and btw....... the #$  works..............
I should be  an nhl gm

Edited by Vegeta

1 hour ago, Salros said:

Mikko Koskinen is a very goal goalie. Could Edmonton be convinced he's a viable #1 starting goalie? I think they might. As a Talbot owner and the present uncertainty of Crawford, I'd be happy if Talbot when to Chicago.

That’s true. I’ve actually had the good fortune to see Koskinen play against Talbot live. I was sitting behind the net so I watched both goalies a lot. Talbot’s team won, but Koskinen was the better goalie in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Salros said:

I hope you're right about Koskinen. Don't know enough about him yet. 

Of course, it doesn't mean we Oilers fans won't be hitting the sauce hard if Talbot should be moved.