The End of Pacioretty in Montreal

djb738

• 2 weeks later...

max  got  treated  like shit by mtl organisation
mtl and him knew  he  was lowballed  on the last  deal
Mtl  basicly told  max  dont worry  well take care of you
Mtl makes  max   the  captain
Mtl then decide  HOLD  UP  that will cost us  2 much fuck that lets  trade him away
if that isnt treason...   what is

when hes  gone , mtl  fan better  applaud  the  kid  and not booh him 226goals 222assist in  626 games for  an average of  3m/season since entering the league... what a mess  montreal

21 minutes ago, Dougall said:

Sounds like he is being difficult on this as well.  Perhaps he says lets play out the year and he can walk in FA

doesnt  have  Nmc in his contract if im  correct, so he doesnt really  decide.  
the  worse he can do is   say no to any  extension talk with other  team  to lessen  mtl return
I suppose  hes worth something like
B level prospect + 1st 
or top  prospect +2nd  as  a ''rental''À

prolly a  tad more   if he signs  a  decent  contract with another  team ,  something along the lines  of 7x7

3 minutes ago, djb738 said:

I would be more than happy to have him on the Hurricanes.

lemme  see  what I can comeup with

dont  see  how   this works,  why you want patches  but rumor has it  skinner  is shopped,  they pretty much accomplish the same thing
if  anything Id  take  faulk

Edited by Vegeta

1 hour ago, Vegeta said:

doesnt  have  Nmc in his contract if im  correct, so he doesnt really  decide.  
the  worse he can do is   say no to any  extension talk with other  team  to lessen  mtl return
I suppose  hes worth something like
B level prospect + 1st 
or top  prospect +2nd  as  a ''rental''À

prolly a  tad more   if he signs  a  decent  contract with another  team ,  something along the lines  of 7x7

He does not have that so you are correct, but from what I'm hearing every team in discussion has been conditional upon an extension being done and apparently he was being difficult on that side.  Montreal will get nothing worthwhile without that extension. Return for a rental on expiring is less.

Interesting situation. 

Without an extension, I would think Pacioretty's value will be higher near the trade deadline than it is now. Do the Habs hold off until then to maximize the return? Hard to imagine. It's tough enough for everyone to keep a  player who is unhappy on the team for two thirds of the season, it would be especially awkward when he happens to be your captain.

I'm also super curious to know why he became such a persona non grata so quickly. He was named captain in 2015 with the full backing of the team, the season after Therrien is allegedly overheard calling him the worst captain ever, and the season after that Bergevin apparently wants him gone. 

5 hours ago, Dougall said:

So I heard this morning that the hang up on trades is definitely the extension.  The reason the last deal broke off at the draft is because Patches is holding firm on an 8 x 8mil extension.

No one is going to pay a 30 year old, 30 goal scorer that.

Also read he would only consider signing an extension with the Florida Panthers. No team is trading for pending UFA like Paches unless they have some agreement that the player is agreeable to a multi year extension. Bad situation for Canadians as they cannot allow this player to get to UFA status and lose him for nothing. In this case, Patches holds ALL the cards......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bill0755 said:

Also read he would only consider signing an extension with the Florida Panthers. No team is trading for pending UFA like Paches unless they have some agreement that the player is agreeable to a multi year extension. Bad situation for Canadians as they cannot allow this player to get to UFA status and lose him for nothing. In this case, Patches holds ALL the cards......

if  thats  the case  that  hes going to  FLA  no matther  what  we  can expect  a return of  a  1st round  pick + b level prospect OR 1st pick   Top prospect +  cap  dump player

Or Florida can make an offer, Marc can reject, try to shop him to other teams, where he might not sign and extension, not trade him, let him play out the year and lose him for nothing when he reaches UFA status. Tough to negoitiate a great deal when everyone knows he may only sign and extension with Florida. Real tough situation as if he is traded to Florida, not sure the offer is going to be value for this player. Am sure Johnny T situation will weigh very heavily on Bergevins mind. 

1 hour ago, bill0755 said:

Or Florida can make an offer, Marc can reject, try to shop him to other teams, where he might not sign and extension, not trade him, let him play out the year and lose him for nothing when he reaches UFA status. Tough to negoitiate a great deal when everyone knows he may only sign and extension with Florida. Real tough situation as if he is traded to Florida, not sure the offer is going to be value for this player. Am sure Johnny T situation will weigh very heavily on Bergevins mind. 

Doesnt really mather  . If hes traded as a rental hell get what a typival rental gets. Which is  a 1st  and some other stuff

Factor in thats hes making  4.5m  mtl can eat 2.25 .  Getting a 1 year rental big 30 goal scorer  is pretty neat.

Hell a bubble team could flip him at deadline if their season turns to shit  somehow and basicly get back what they paid for