July 1st UFA Thread - Winners and Losers

bill0755

Turning out that the biggest losers of this year will certainly be anyone who is loyal to the Senators.

Holy moly, is this just getting worse and worse for them. Reports are that there was absolutely a deal in place with Tampa to trade Karlsson and it included quite a king's ransom as to be expected. Couple of NHL pieces, prospects, few 1st rounders, etc. Not so fast my friend! Melnyk apparently stepped in and said he would not allow the deal to go through because Tampa wasn't taking Bobby Ryan...

4 hours ago, Sammynos said:

Turning out that the biggest losers of this year will certainly be anyone who is loyal to the Senators.

Holy moly, is this just getting worse and worse for them. Reports are that there was absolutely a deal in place with Tampa to trade Karlsson and it included quite a king's ransom as to be expected. Couple of NHL pieces, prospects, few 1st rounders, etc. Not so fast my friend! Melnyk apparently stepped in and said he would not allow the deal to go through because Tampa wasn't taking Bobby Ryan...

If that's the case and this is true, all GM's should not even bother trying to get Karlsson.

Have the team get nothing and have him walk next year, Melnyk is a tool bag and he's gonna drive the Senators out of Ottawa.

What a bum !

11 hours ago, Sammynos said:

Yeah, that's going to diminish the return you get on Karlsson by quite a bit - not to mention the future product you put on the ice. I'd be incredibly salty if I were an OTT fan.