ROR traded to STL

Duxburger

I had this discussion with a friend of mine last night too...

For STL, Berglund and Sobotka were total salary dumps. I don't think they are complete "throw-in's" for Buffalo, however. Buffalo has a very young team right now and I think these two will be good forward depth to help relieve some of the pressure that the prospects might have been under to make the opening day lineup. It likely gives Alex Nylander another year for his development. I am not saying that Berglund/Sobotka are going to light the world on fire, but I think they will benefit the Sabres more so in what the depth allows the organization to do than the on ice product.

50 minutes ago, Sammynos said:

I had this discussion with a friend of mine last night too...

For STL, Berglund and Sobotka were total salary dumps. I don't think they are complete "throw-in's" for Buffalo, however. Buffalo has a very young team right now and I think these two will be good forward depth to help relieve some of the pressure that the prospects might have been under to make the opening day lineup. It likely gives Alex Nylander another year for his development. I am not saying that Berglund/Sobotka are going to light the world on fire, but I think they will benefit the Sabres more so in what the depth allows the organization to do than the on ice product.

I meant Berglund and Sabotka were throw in’s from the Blues side.

2 hours ago, bill0755 said:

Who is left for the Canadians to get for a center?

Not much left in the UFA pool for centers.

Assume they will have to trade patches to pick up a 1st Lin center.

they drafted the solutions, now  its time to wait and suffer

Waiting for an 18 year old to be your center, yikes, maybe he’s ready to play in the NHL in several years, so afraid it’s going to be a long wait. Patience is required.

So the Canadiens don’t add any centers, unless you count the resigning of Plekanec to be their #1 center going into the year. 

Well, they will definitely be in the Jack Hughes lottery next year one would assume