Weber out another 5-6 months

byz

Sorry Habs fans.

MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens announced on Thursday that defenseman Shea Weber will be out for an extended period of time after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a meniscal tear in his right knee. His recovery period is expected to be five to six months. 

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/medical-update-shea-weber-out-for-an-extended-period-of-time-due-to-knee-surgery/c-299418218

29 minutes ago, The Rainman said:

No I don't think so Vegie! I thinks the we'll (Canucks) will have that honor!

My money is on Ottawa have the best chances at the top pick this coming year which makes it a Colorado pick.  That would be so ouch...

• Like 2

then again i prefer  mtl winning the lottery,  all in all does  Price  have value  in a  trade or  is he negative  value?

I would assume some teams  would want  him...
ottawa,nyi,Nj,stl,avs, 
why not florida , well take on luongo  contract

Edited by Vegeta

3 hours ago, Vegeta said:

well its  a  tight  race between mtl ott and vancity,  altought  price is  way 2  good

NYI. No goalie and No Tavares. That team just took a huge step back.

They're weak in the middle. Sad on the wings and the D ain't scrap. Just lost De Haan . 

They got #1 pick contention written all over them 

• Like 1

We will never know how much an owner sticks his nose in. I guess they can seeing they foot the bill but how many GM's look like dough heads because the owner 

over rules and and wants to accept a shitty offer because he wants to run as cheap as possible. Ottawa has that owner. He must have had a big say in the Burrows

deal. Now what real GM with an once of brains would have made that deal. Melnyk had to be the one who pulled the trigger. Dorion couldn't be that stupid all by himself.Who in their right mind would give up Dahlin who has such a big upside for Burrows who clearly was on his way down the other side of the mountain. We have to remember that these owners have made millions in other business's without someone telling him what's good for him. I'm sure Katz keeps Chiarelli on a very short leash.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Festivus Bastards said:

Top Talents solve alot...ask the Leafs

Well for sure, a lottery win and getting Matthews.  But the Shanahan led management group decided to do a true rebuild.  Something Burke didn’t do.  And guess what, the fans bought in.  So they also for the most part drafted talent, as opposed to size.  Prime example being Marner in 2015.  Actually an even better example was Nylander in 2014 in the 8 spot.  They passed on Nick Ritchie, thank goodness. Canucks took Jake Virtanen 2 picks ahead of them that year. Also it is in what they didn’t do, they didn’t deviate from the plan.  And they didn’t make stupid moves for aging players on long term contracts.  Since Shanny came on board they have been a remarkably well run group.  And I think Dubas will continue that trend.  Well that is my hope for sure.  

• Like 2