Corey Crawford "I'm not 100% yet"

I spent a Zamboni full of cash acquiring him in two leagues last season. It has been so far,  a terrible return on investment for me. I have a bad feeling that this is gonna lead to the end of Crawford's career. With guys like Dan Carcillo and Nick Boynton sharing their experiences and an overall increased player awareness surrounding brain injuries, maybe a guy who turns thirty four on New Year's Eve,  has  made 35 million already and sports three Stanley Cup  rings decides there is nothing left to prove and walks away. I can see it.

Edited by Ralphdog
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ralphdog said:

I spent a Zamboni full of cash acquiring him in two leagues last season. It has been so far,  a terrible return on investment for me. I have a bad feeling that this is gonna lead to the end of Crawford's career. With guys like Dan Carcillo and Nick Boynton sharing their experiences and an overall increased player awareness surrounding brain injuries, maybe a guy who turns thirty four on Christmas Eve,  has  made 35 million already and sports three Stanley Cup  rings decides there is nothing left to prove and walks away. I can see it.

its  hard to get out  when you still love  the game but , a  sane person would walk away

3 hours ago, Vegeta said:

its  hard to get out  when you still love  the game but , a  sane person would walk away

So he’s hockey’s Ricky Williams? I don’t know. So few guys have their life-after-hockey planned out and I think that’s what keeps a lot of them coming back. They just don’t know what else to do with themselves.

But I also think Crawford may have something left to prove. I bet he wants to show people he can be Roy rather than just Dryden. He’s won the Cup, but wouldn’t it be nice to steal it?

yeah its  hard tbh,  most of them  been doing 1  thing  since  3years  old ,  how do u quit  tbh.
I my self  started  at  3, played  7/7 week until 22.  even more sor  during my  peewee/Bamtam/midget years  where i  was In  highschool playing  4  times  a  week  for my  highschool on top of my  AA  region team.  I basicly  just decided  to quit ( im 31)  its hard  countless .  concussion as  at 16 were was   4'9 65lbs  vs  5'8 150lbs+   kids  still a  few more  when I was    18   at 5'10  120lbs vs  6'1 180+ players. Now I just play some beer league  but its not the same,  the  Highpressure  High competition  emotion game is  what  drove me.  iunno how u quit  really
we didnt know about  concussion in the early 2000s,  but I think I wouldnt let my  kid play hockey/football, ( i have 2  daughter so I should be safe)
 ive had  those Savard  like  concussion,  Ive passed out  for  more than  20min  on the ice ( to come back 5 min later  giving no shit )  its a  drug  tbh

funny story
I have   a 6 month  strech of hockey I dont even  remember  at 19 years old where  we won the playoffs and regionals.  and I have  NO god  damn   memories  of that  0 niet  nada...  i have some pictures  but  thats about it... thats only  12 years ago.  I have no clue  what happened  I have the stats   I even have  an Hattrick  in the finals.  But  NO  memories  of it ....0

Edited by Vegeta
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vegeta said:

funny story
I have   a 6 month  strech of hockey I dont even  remember  at 19 years old where  we won the playoffs and regionals.  and I have  NO god  damn   memories  of that  0 niet  nada...  i have some pictures  but  thats about it... thats only  12 years ago.  I have no clue  what happened  I have the stats   I even have  an Hattrick  in the finals.  But  NO  memories  of it ....0

I'm not so sure you know how funny works

• Haha 1

But seriously, that is serious shit. We only get one brain and even if hockey is all these guys know, that should matter very little. There are ways to stay connected to hockey that don't involve accumulating concussions. And jeez, playing into your mid thirty's is already a huge accomplishment in itself, and at that point they still  haven't lived half a lifetime yet. Lotsa time to live - and live well. 

13 minutes ago, Ralphdog said:

But then again, if Crawford doesn't play this year or again, I'd have two teams with absolutely no shot at a title....So for the love of all things holy Corey - man the fuck up. 

You don't just give up!! You get out there and you find that fucking dog!!

its all you know its your comfort zone, u always go back to it, like ur ex XD

• Haha 1

Too many of us who grew up playing contact sports in the 90s (or earlier) have had incidents where we look back and realize we’ve had untreated concussions. Scary stuff - Veg’s story especially.

As for Crawford, beyond my fantasy interests, beyond rooting for a guy’s good health, and beyond rooting for a good kid from Chateauguay who proves that Quebecers can still play goal... I’d really like to see him come back because I’d like to know how much of a difference he can make on a team that’s not stacked.

21 hours ago, RegDunlop said:

Too many of us who grew up playing contact sports in the 90s (or earlier) have had incidents where we look back and realize we’ve had untreated concussions. Scary stuff - Veg’s story especially.

As for Crawford, beyond my fantasy interests, beyond rooting for a guy’s good health, and beyond rooting for a good kid from Chateauguay who proves that Quebecers can still play goal... I’d really like to see him come back because I’d like to know how much of a difference he can make on a team that’s not stacked.

any  team with a  REAL #1 C  a  REAL #1 W  and 2  Great Top 3  D    is not , not  stacked 
What does  mtl  have
Elite W ( by commitee)
Abysmall C
Lottery Pick D (  maybe  Weber  and petry arnt bad)