Mark Stone

leevaughn

Mark Stone has requested $9 million through salary arbitration.

The Ottawa Senators put in an offer for $5 million. Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman pointed out that the largest arbitration award was Shea Weber, who received $7.5 million. The hearing is scheduled for Friday.

WTF Stone

id  say hes  worth  6-7m   thats  what you pay   top but  not elite  Wingers,  if he was a center   drop in  1.5 to 2m  more  for same production
he just  wants out
5m is   stupid from dorion so is  9m  from stone  camp Id  say   7 is  justified

5 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

id  say hes  worth  6-7m   thats  what you pay   top but  not elite  Wingers,  if he was a center   drop in  1.5 to 2m  more  for same production
he just  wants out
5m is   stupid from dorion so is  9m  from stone  camp Id  say   7 is  justified

I have him down at 6.5.. I hope this doesn't turn into a shit show.

l feel so bad for any die hard Senators fans. The owner has absolutely wrecked this team and it’s reputation. Will Duchene stay when his contracts expires, that’s not likely as sure he likely cannot wait to depart this train wreck in Ottawa. Really Really sad situation for Ottawa hockey fans!!

On the other side, Stone should get a lot of playing time with Duchene who's playing for a new contract and new team. If Duchene finds a way to put up career numbers, Stone should benefit. Anything under 8 million would be manageable but if he signs for more, I'll have to drop him.