Here comes Florence

Salros

So I was looking at some of our GM locations. I believe we have at least 4 GM (Bardown26, bill0755, Sammynos, djb738)  in the path of Hurricane Florence. I think they will not have power on Saturday. I'm proposing we postponed all Re-Entry draft until Sept 22nd. I think some people will be spending the next couple of weeks without power. Everyone north of Georgia on the East Coast is going to feel this one.

• Like 3

Yep for Bardown and I we are expected to get hit fairly hard by the Hurricane. Predicting it could be one of the worse Hurricanes North Carolina has experienced.

If all agree to postponing the re-entry draft that would be great. We will certainly have other things we will be tending too and there is a very good chance we lose power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. We actually had plans to go to Myrtle Beach this weekend....obviously that's not happening. It is a bit nerve wrecking because they are comparing this to Hurricane Hazel and Hurricane Fran which both hammered North Carolina. Also saying it has some characteristics of Hurricane Harvey which was slow moving when it hit land and just dumped rain.

It's looking a better for Raleigh but the forecast could change again. New Jersey looks OK but I've never seen a storm's track that is so close to land change so dramatically. It could surprise again. I believe the biggest problem for Raleigh will be power. Florence is a big storm that's going to put some very heavy thunderstorms way inland. With the ground already saturated in this area, hundreds of trees will be falling on powerlines.

Been through a lot of these storms, and i've NEVER seen one essentially stop and turn southwest. Crazy how that's the projected track. I'll believe it when I see it. 

Its going to be a wet weekend, probably about a foot of rain for me and Devin before its done. Could get nasty with some trees down and power out - luckily it looks like the wind will stay south.