Mike Matheson body slam of E Pettersson

Bluecharm

Man that was such dirty play by Matheson.  A WWF move nowhere near the puck.  As a result a budding star and Calder leading candidate out concussed.  This type of play is such bullshit.  Matheson has a hearing tomorrow.  I’d like to see 5 games but expect 2.  

Anyone else with a take on this.

oh and also after saying they were getting character guys to be hard to play against and protect their young stars, well Vancouver had no response whatsoever.  Well they got their 2 points. I suppose that’s something.  But that is not being hard to play against and their fans are pissed.

I take issue with Green telling the team not to go after Matheson because of the score. He wanted to win the game. What a crock of shit! Sorry guys! Here comes the old The Old Rainman surfacing again. Sort of where our conversation left off last week about fighting in the league. If it was me Matheson would have been used as a mud flap on the team bus.

10 hours ago, The Rainman said:

I take issue with Green telling the team not to go after Matheson because of the score. He wanted to win the game. What a crock of shit! Sorry guys! Here comes the old The Old Rainman surfacing again. Sort of where our conversation left off last week about fighting in the league. If it was me Matheson would have been used as a mud flap on the team bus.

I’m with you on this.  In addition how can 4 professionals in stripes miss this?!  Does the league hold these guys accountable for blatant non calls!  NHL officiating is so damn inconsistent.  It’s crazy.  

I do hope the DOPS gets it right though.   They sent a message on Tom Wilson.  At least Wilson’s infraction was a hockey play.  This was a takedown. 

55 minutes ago, Bluecharm said:

I’m with you on this.  In addition how can 4 professionals in stripes miss this?!  Does the league hold these guys accountable for blatant non calls!  NHL officiating is so damn inconsistent.  It’s crazy.  

I do hope the DOPS gets it right though.   They sent a message on Tom Wilson.  At least Wilson’s infraction was a hockey play.  This was a takedown. 

Didnt look good at all. And you can see it was premiditated.  Just seconds before he looked at him and crossed him in the back. I like matheson but that was a bonehead play . Prolly gets a small suspension or a big fine as a first time offender