Sens players criticise coach.

Bluecharm

Yet another black eye for the team.  In an unauthorized recording in a Uber vehicle they make fund of special teams coach Marty Raymond and make light of their own team’s patheticism.  Seven players involved.  I don’t know how Raymond can run a practise or video session after this.  Apparently even after the departure of Karlsson and Hoffman the dysfunction continues.

Hey Sens players, how about this, you’re the guys on the ice - play better!

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/candid-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-about-team-badmouthing-coach

(I couldn’t get volume on the video and it is no longer on YouTube apparently.)

Can you imagine being Raymond and having to try to do your job now.  He may or may not have some performance issues, probably does.  But damn so unfair to him.  But I bet Leaf players have made choice comments about Babcock in private.  And that goes for any coach/staff in the league.  It’s also really unfair to those 7 players also that they are recorded without their knowledge in a Uber vehicle!  They should sue Uber and the driver.  Use a professional cab guys, you can afford it!

The Sens marketing folks should get Boroweicki behind the wheel of an Uber, have Melnyck hop in the back, and have them rip into the team, all tongue-in-cheek-like. Great opportunity to win back some fans from that crazy-ass video earlier in the year. Maybe they bust out their own carpool Karaoke at the end of it ...

• Haha 1

I can totally understand their anger. And I don't blame them for being frustrated. 

And it's not like they were just complaining to complain. They seemed passionate about the team, and they want change. Frustrated with their lack of success.  That's exactly what you want with guys on a rebuilding team. Not OK with losing. 

It's the coaches job to keep them motivated, and implement game plans that can help them win. Can't keep rolling out the exact same plan over and over and expect different results.