INJURIES

Bluecharm

Is it just me or are there way more injuries this year then in recent seasons.  As an example I have a full IR in GNFL and no room in IR for Braydon Schenn.  Vasilevskiy is a huge one.  Boston’s defence is hit again with Chara out for a period unknown.  Arvidsson out for weeks recently announced.  Matthews of course.  Too many to mention!  I’m spending a lot of time managing IR.  In Div 1 I’m on my third IR replacement for the injured Paul Byron.  The replacements keep getting injured.  Nuts!

2 hours ago, Sammynos said:

I actually just saw a tweet about this yesterday...I believe it said something about there currently being 90 injured players and the average at this point in the season is 85. If I can find it, I will post.

Found it:

https://twitter.com/NHLInjuryViz/status/1063175480449425408

Thanks for that.  It's hard to believe that what we are seeing is not much out of the ordinary.  Partly I think my teams are getting hit harder than the average and I'm just a bitter SOB.  lol

Thankfully, we increased the IR slots to 5 this season. I think the newly added Overager rule and 5 IR slots have kept a number of teams in the mix that would not be without the rule refinements. James did a great job crafting the rule changes that we made last season. It's almost seems like he has a crystal ball to see the future.