Hitchcock back

Raken65

Crazy in Edmonton this morning. Overall reaction seems favourable, even with the Hitch side of the equation. He's a local guy and will hopefully bring structure and discipline to the three-quarters of this team that are AHL calibre players. Along with that, he'll ride the big boys even more than Todd did, and I'll think you'll see Connor's minutes jump back up to that 25 min mark like he was doing when they were on their 8-1-1 stretch, not decline like Veg suggests. And Da Leafs has the right of it … Chia-Pete will be firing himself by Christmas if this doesn't turn around.

I think Hitch was a good find............. what if they asked you to come in and turn the Oilers around and not have any guarantee for the year after.

Plus if nothing can be turned around Chia gets fired at the end of the year, new GM selects new coach........ that's what new GMs usually want

seems like a good move, even though i am worried about style of play with Hitch

Edited by knobert

Maybe next time it be better not to trade petry for a 2nd rounder  then turn around and trade hall for a worst petry....

This is like lets trade a 2nd rounder who actually panned out ( petry) for a 2nd round hoping this one pans out as well. Then trade a 1st overall pick that actually is legit star for a guy who hasnt panned out  on a team that had no depth at D (nj)

1 hour ago, Vegeta said:

Maybe next time it be better not to trade petry for a 2nd rounder  then turn around and trade hall for a worst petry....

This is like lets trade a 2nd rounder who actually panned out ( petry) for a 2nd round hoping this one pans out as well. Then trade a 1st overall pick that actually is legit star for a guy who hasnt panned out  on a team that had no depth at D (nj)

That’s my point against Chiarelli, he created the majority of this mess.  He is not firing himself, so Todd’s gone.

I think Hitch will provide the structure that the Oilers need for the reminder of the year and then regroup.  Hitch is not long term, but something needed to be done.  It won’t make them worse, and it makes a point to the young guys.

• Like 1

I think Talbot owners should worry. Koskinen is the better goalie and Hitchcock may want to go with the new guy. If he can help Edmonton be a better defensive team, the biggest fantasy winner could be Koskinen. But the point about Chiarelli is dead on. He's mostly responsible for creating the problem. I feel for Oiler fans. It seems like Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football. Always talking oneself into believing only to face the same reality.

Edited by Salros