Toronto Is So Square

RegDunlop

Well I don’t mind the Leafs protecting their branding as much as possible.  They have that right.  And actually Toronto is a pretty cool city.  Great restaurants, entertainment, cultural diversity and lots to do.

But what’s really cool about Toronto is that just 6 days ago they went into the Habs’ barn only 1 point ahead of them, beat them in OT and are now 6 points up. Even # of games played.  Nothing square about that my friends.  Pretty pretty pretty cool!

Edited by Bluecharm

4 hours ago, Bluecharm said:

Well I don’t mind the Leafs protecting their branding as much as possible.  They have that right.  And actually Toronto is a pretty cool city.  Great restaurants, entertainment, cultural diversity and lots to do.

But what’s really cool about Toronto is that just 6 days ago they went into the Habs’ barn only 1 point ahead of them, beat them in OT and are now 6 points up. Even # of games played.  Nothing square about that my friends.  Pretty pretty pretty cool!

Ugh

On 2/15/2019 at 4:48 AM, Bluecharm said:

Habs only 3 points behind now with a rematch Saturday Night against the Leafs

But what's even more cool than that is if the play-offs started today Habs would play Islanders and Leafs would have to play Boston.

Pretty Pretty pretty cool indeed :D

10 hours ago, Raken65 said:

Habs only 3 points behind now with a rematch Saturday Night against the Leafs

But what's even more cool than that is if the play-offs started today Habs would play Islanders and Leafs would have to play Boston.

Pretty Pretty pretty cool indeed :D

ha ha ha this might take a few turns yet.  

With Toronto and Montreal having gone 40 years since their last playoff match-up, I can't hope for anything else, regardless of the outcome. Over the years my lust for watching the game has diminished and the thought of watching that series is giving me butterflies.

Edited by Ralphdog

10 hours ago, Ralphdog said:

With Toronto and Montreal having gone 40 years since their last playoff match-up, I can't hope for anything else, regardless of the outcome. Over the years my lust for watching the game has diminished and the thought of watching that series is giving me butterflies.

That would be so much fun!  Frankly I think the Leafs are far from ready to win a cup.  They have so much skill, a great nucleus going forward, but they are not a "team" yet.  It's sickening to see them lose all the physical battles and not compete.  They don't give any comeback when their goalie gets run for God's sake.  They get hit and hit never go after a guy.  No response.  The more physical teams like Wash, Boston, St. Louis all know this and take advantage.  Dubas is a really smart GM, but he doesn't seems to have bought in to my line of thought.  The skill factor is there, especially with a couple high end D prospects maturing on the farm.  They just need to round that out with some more physical guys to inject some team toughness.  And those type players can be acquired much easier than the skill guys.  Man I miss the type of player Toronto had when they last had a competitive playoff team.  Sundin was supported by guys like Gary Roberts, Domi and even Darcy Tucker.  Come on Dubas, the trade deadline looms.

I think actually Toronto matches up better against Tampa than Boston.  Or they could get to play the Islanders, which would be better than Bos as well.  

Of course if somehow they meet Montreal that would be a BLAST.  But I think they match up against Montreal well also, although facing Weber is no fun.

Anyway enjoy tonight's game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...