W. Nylander / Rantanen

Points-only, do you guys prefer Nylander by a significant margin? What are their respective ceilings?

I've been offered Nylander for my Rantanen + 1st round pick in a 12-team points-only keeper league.

I'm out of contention (4 out of 12), so this for next season and beyond.

Draft will mostly be 2017 draftees, but not exclusively.

I will be refusing the offer, but I'm trying to decide whether to counter with a 2nd instead. Just not sure if Nylander is even an upgrade over Rantanen.

Trade deadline is today.

Thanks guys.

Sorry if I'm too late, but wanted to weigh in. I've only watched Rantanen once or twice, but I strangely really like his NHL upside. Something went seriously wrong in Colorado this year, and I wouldn't bet on it continuing. I think there's a greater chance of Rantanen being a part of #1PP, top line, etc. in COL than Nylander in TOR, and I'm also fairly confident COL will have their ship turned around by next year. I'd sit tight.

Its a tough5 choice  so the first tips it , agreed rantanen is in a better situation,  prolly going to sit next to mackinnon   could b a dynamic duo  ranaten has a better frame so most likely  less injury prone id say. 

Ahl numbers are somewhat  similat, cant deny the play making of nylander, might be backstrom 2.0