Go

austeane

Team  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Team

• Instinct
    • Valor
    • Mystic

Alright, girlfriend and I went 20 blocks downtown and back, stopping at 4 Pokestops along the way. There were people at every single stop. Regardless of your opinion of Pokemon, seeing people out and about and getting excited about something as random as this together is completely awesome.

Also I might put a Pokemon Go logo in the site header please don't hate me.

I think most of the hate has to do with all the negative press its gotten with people not paying attention while walking or people getting hurt because they are dumb. 

Like that girl that got hit by a car because she crossed a busy street (not at a crosswalk) to catch a caterpie. Dont worry. Her, and her mother, blame the game. figures. 

• Like 1

Yeah people need to be careful.  I find myself distracted at times when I use the app while walking.  Not that I would do it myself but I can see people completely loosing themselves in the game and not paying any attention.

They kinda jumped the gun a little this should have waited for an optical interface like glasses.  Doing augmented reality with a phone is clunky.

With the sheer volume of people playing, some of them are gonna be not very smart, or jerks, so if you want to find stories of the game causing harm you can. But as a whole people are getting outside and being more active, and it's pretty easy to find stories of the game causing good. I know I go for a lot more walks these days! 

Edited by Zipper14

Its true, no matter what stupid people are going to be involved or smart people that just make uncharacteristic mistakes.  Our media is just so dang negative.  I love seeing people out doing something social.  A lot of my friends made clubs and they go out together and try to keep the gyms for their club.

Yea its a great concept. it really is.  But the execution is where there can be problems. 

some examples of this would be that down the street from me there is a cemetery that is FILLED with pokestops (and a Gym).  Some people consider that very disrespectful.

Also the news thing about there being Poison/Gas type pokemon at the Holocaust Museum was pretty rough as well. 

But there will always be things like this.  

A friend of mine works at a Bar that is a Gym, and his Manager started offering Discounts to people who come in to use the Gym.  

Its pretty cool what something like this can do, but its really sad that we are really only seeing the negative side of things from a media standpoint. 

Yeah I get that for sure.  People need to understand the scale at which things operate now though, with over 8 billion people when you release something there will be stupidity and offended people.  LOL  Executing anything world wide is going to have problems.  But yeah cemetery and other places of reflection like holocaust museum they better be working on that stuff.

New guy here, joined up for the SFHL. Its a fun game no doubt... being 28 years old the OG Pokemon came out when I was like 9-10 years old. So this is HUGE for everyone in my age range for the nostalgia alone. It certainly gets everyone active... people just need to have common sense and not fall off cliffs and get hit by cars.

Went to a down town area where I live Saturday night... I NEVER seen so many active people and strangers interacting with one another..

Oh - Team Mystic FTW... I admit though I am a casual player. Certainly no where near hardcore.