DobberHockey

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-home/the-dobotomy/a-statement-from-darryl-dobbs-dobber-regarding-his-health/

This one hits a little close to home. My father had Multiple Myeloma Cancer, which is also a bone marrow type of cancer. At the time of diagnosis they had given my father a handful of months to live, but he waged war against the diagnosis and found a way to survive it for closer to 5 years. This was nearly 15 years ago and medicine has advanced quite a bit since then. Some of the clinical trials that my father was involved in are still continuing to this day and have paved the way for a lot of different options for people diagnosed with all types of cancers. My father was an only child without a way of receiving a stem cell transplant forcing the doctors try experimental replacement options by using his own stem cells and essentially reprogramming them to attack the cancer cells rather than let it spread. I strongly encourage anyone willing and able to join the list of available donors (Dobber has a link for the Canadian options). For us Americans, we can use this link.

Hate to hear that about your father Sammy, and thanks for providing the American link. The information hit us over at Dobber pretty hard. Certainly was a surprise, but knowing Dobbs he's gonna fight it like crazy. I know many of us here have worked with him in some capacity over the years so I'll try to keep you guys updated with anything I hear.

But like he said while he is out, we will be picking up the slack. Dobber and DobberProspects has never been stronger, and we are certainly behind the boss. 

- Kevin

Edited by Bardown26
  • Like 1