Who wins Game 7

bill0755

So from our esteem group of hockey experts, who wins game 7 tonight. 

For me, as you all know I am a Pens fan so with a lot of biased, I MUST root for the Lightening to strike in Game 7. That would move two XPens, Kunitz for Cup #5 and Fluery for Cup #4 to three peat for the Cup. 

Know own there are a lot of Ovy sympathy for him to finally advance to win a Cup, sorry but I am not one of them. 

Let’s go Lightening!!!!!!

Different era  3 goal games s 7 goal game era

291goal shy ov gretzky ( 2 lockouts  = 90g) so were talking  200goal shy of all time leader  at 32 years old

Life time goal pace 0.6 ..  333game to go over   the great one or 4 seasons ..

Different era  of course but  still ... 

Just a look at what's on the line tonight for the Tin Cup Series...

Only 3 people still have a shot at winning the overall title...  Ralphdog, Salros, and me.  If Tampa wins tonight, Ralphdog wins the Tin Cup Series.  If Washington wins tonight but loses the Finals... Ralphdog and I will tie for the title.  If Washington wins the Cup, Salros will win the title.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ralphdog said:

I was thinking the same thing

The numbers would seem to indicate otherwise. Different eras because the goalies are so much better now, so there's no way Ovechkin would score as many goals per season.

However, while not a perfect correlation*, I think the most accurate comparison we can make between stats is if you examine the amount of shots on goal they've recorded (today's goalies stop way more than the tenders in the '80s).

Bossy had 2709 shots in 752 NHL regular season games (3.60 per game).

Ovechkin has 4896 shots in 1003 NHL regular season games (4.88 per game).

* Was Bossy just more accurate or was there just more net to shoot at because the goalies had smaller equipment and didn't play the butterfly?

• Like 1

Wellllll.....that’s not the start that TB was hoping for......still a lot of time left, but I can never understand the reason to continue to leave Ovy wide open for one timers. Honestly sure Vasy would like to have that one back as no screen and almost from the blue line...OUCH, that one hurt. 

If your in the states and listen to NBC, they sure do love the Caps and assume all hoping for Ovy in the finals. 

i also like this stat 

bossy best season 68 goal out of 358  for the complete team

ovechkin bedt season 65 out of 225 for the complete team,

ovi tends to score 1/3 of his team goal while bossy was scoring at a 1/5 of his team. 

lets just drop it bossy was a beeeeeaaaasssssstt. but ovi is a god

Edited by Vegeta
  • Like 2