Forum Archive

Our forum has been the most important aspect of our site for as long as it has existed.  Over the seven years since we switched to IPB and our current forum, we've compiled over 40,000 posts spread over some 7500+ topics.  Unfortunately, through a true perfect storm of events, we were forced to restart the forum from scratch.

The good news is that we were able to recover most of the content.  The bad news is that it was recovered in a virtually unreadable CSV file, with no thread titles.  We took that information, cleaned it up, and put it together in a somewhat useful tool, which you can access below.  This is a macro-enabled XLSM document, so you'll probably need a full version of Excel in order to use it.

This tool allows you to search (by username, date range, or keyword) the entire content archive.  You might find it useful when looking for rule precedents, old conversations, old posts regarding adds/drops/etc, or anything else you might need to access from the old forum.  

There's also a 10 minute tutorial video on how to use the tool.  It's pretty straightforward, but the video will give you the full scope of its capabilities.

If you aren't able to access an XLSM document, and need to look something up, just ask me and I'll be happy to look it up for you.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Forum Archive Tool: http://capwisehockey.com/Forum-Archive.xlsm
Forum Archive Tutorial: https://vimeo.com/173714905

The audio is a bit effed at the end of the video, but you'll have gotten the gist by then anyway.