Bunch of Jerks

Festivus

If someone can give me a legitimate reason as to why it is bad for the Hurricanes and bad for the NHL I would love to hear it.

There is absolutely no harm in what the Hurricanes are doing. They only do it on home ice and they do it after the away team has left the ice. It shows some creativity and team comradery. Not only that but for a franchise that has had some struggles with putting fans in the seats...fans absolutely love this (it also helps that they are winning). Most of the times you see fans leaving after games...not at home with a Hurricanes win now. You have 10,000+ fans still sitting in their seats to see what the Hurricanes are going to do and also join in with the Hurricanes.

Really, is there much difference between what they are doing and what teams have been doing such as awarding a single player with some type of helmet (Devils and other teams) in the locker room after a win? I think this shows more sense that it was a team win that they are enjoying with their fans.

Not only that but what the Hurricanes have been doing has gotten good publicity for the NHL even being talked about on ESPN when they don't typically cover a lot of hockey.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

Overshadows  their actual performance which is legit! That cgy car trade worked  out great for everyone

I respectfully disagree that it is overshadowing their actual performance but I think it is bringing it to the forefront even more. The Hurricanes are being talked about even more because of this and these on-ice celebrations are coming due to a win. Networks are playing clips of Hurricanes games and showing the celebration as well and while mentioning that they are currently fighting for a playoff spot.

This just makes hockey that much easier to relate to for the fans because it shows professional athletes having fun. Not only that but this is now having a trickle down effect from minor/junior teams doing similar celebrations and even KHL teams.

• Like 2

For years and years, men have been shamed it they ever showed emotion. It was always seen as a weakness if a guy showed emotion. Which is why the old guys like Brian Burke and Don Cherry don't like this. But times are changing. 

And hypocritically, Don Cherry has been bold, and loud, and controversial to become famous. Wearing LOUD suits, saying things that are debatable. And then he hates this? Come on... 

I 100% love it! They are having fun, showing emotion, the crowd loves it! Other teams don't care. And DJB is right. I haven't hard a legit reason why this is bad. All I hear is 'This isn't NHL hockey! This isn't professional hockey!" The people who don't like this are out of touch. That isn't a reason not to like this.

How often to we normally talk about the Hurricanes? Never. So they 100% should keep doing this. It's fun! Keep going! 

• Like 1

Reminds me of college football teams singing the alma mater with their fans after a game. Nothing wrong with it from where I'm sitting. Plus, how can you hate the canes? They're so harmless. And went through some tough years. Plus they're the old whalers and everyone loves the whalers. 

• Like 1