What are your favourite calls?

RegDunlop

Unless I missed it somewhere, there hasn't been much discussion on Capwise of Bob Cole's retirement after 50 years on HNIC. By now, the pundits and journalists have all explained why this is such a big deal, so I won't get into all that. That said, it ocurred to me that there are a lot of people here who may not fully appreciate just how awesome he was - I'm thinking of our American and francophone friends in particular.

With that in mind, as a sort of tribute to Bob Cole, I thought it might be cool to have a thread where people post their favourite calls of all time (fans of Doc Emrick, Pierre Houde, or anyone else - please join in). My favourite call of all time can be summed up in three words - Des. Jar. Dins.

• Like 1

the desjardins one  but in french claude quenneville

the famous rick ones : lalalalalafontainnnnne, mayday mayday mayday

gord miller  : tavares back end  , loose puck ebele SCORE  TIE GAME CAN YOU BELEIVE IT

jimh hughson  the burrows goal in OT vs  blackhawks.

sidney crosby the golden goal.

rick nash  goal ... the best goal in history IMO

hate to say it  but when horton eliminated montreal THE BOSTON BRUINS KNOCKOUT MONTREAL from that scum in boston.

pierre mcguire jizzing his pants on tokarski saves

Edited by Vegeta
  • Haha 1

It's always great when you hear words or expressions that are completely unexpected... like "gingerly" (Gallivan) or "exorcism" (Hughson).

Gotta add the famous Stevie Y slapshot to the list, I think. I love the way Cole screams "Duh-troy-et!"

By the way, there are a couple of great Cole highlight packages here and here. Enjoy. 

• Like 1