I hate Playoff pools

I hate playoff pools.  My pool was based on 4 teams going through to semi-finals... TB (duh), Cal, Pit and Stl.  3 of 4 are gone already!  Anyone else screwed up?

I never win a penny at these.  I'm going to do a George Costanza opposite next year.  Pick the teams in each series... and go the complete opposite.

(My name is George I'm unemployed and live with my parents.) 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vegeta said:

love em,  heres my team

stamkos

hedman

gourde

tyler johnson

giordano

backlund

tkachuk

hayes

granlund

aho

0player were drafted from nyi and columbus, 1 guy loaded up on  colorado, hes  light year ahead of everyone

You are also a candidate for the Costanza opposite theory my friend!  Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve always loved them this season was a disaster and the Vegas and Caps losing their game 7s really cost me quite a bit of coin but it was just one of those years.  I think Columbus and St Louis will meet in the finals and it will be a toss up.  Good luck to those who still have chances in your pools or drafts.  B.T.W when I hear hockey experts saying oh we can’t start reviewing 5 minute majors because the games will get too long seriously the whole 40 to 60 seconds it will take to check your iPad and that call it would have taken one look by the refs on the iPad and the decision would have been so easy they even apologized to Vegas and that whole crew isn’t doing any more games so obviously they got it extremely wrong.  And on top of that they take the time to review stupid offsides that happened sometimes almost a full minute before a goal and take goals back for a matter of a quarter of an inch those you’re willing to extend the games for but something as important as giving a major and kicking the guy out of the game I think those need to be reviewed way more than stupid offsides.  And also another little quirk about the length of the games last time I checked we play OT until someone scores in the playoffs so using the game maybe being too long is a dumbass excuse when the game has a chance to go 5 periods and lastly they were 4 idiots huddled together and you’re telling me that not even one of them could have clued in and said it can’t be the cross check to the face that caused all that blood Pavelski was wearing a full glass shield so it was common sense even without looking at the replay that he hurt himself when he fell and hit his head on the ice and that he wasn’t even cross checked in the face it was in the chest area.  I do hope he’s ok.  Pavelski is a great leader and nobody likes to see any serious injuries like that but I also hate having the wrong team advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs.  I’m not a Vegas fan and neither a SJ fan I maybe like Vegas just a slight tad more but if it would have been the other way around I would be bitching as much for them to get it right for SJ.   Good thing that didn’t happen to the habs I know they didn’t make the playoffs but let’s say next year if they make them or imagine if that exact same play happens in the leafs series in a market like TO those refs would have needed protection.  Lol

On 4/29/2019 at 7:48 PM, Habsfan said:

I’ve always loved them this season was a disaster and the Vegas and Caps losing their game 7s really cost me quite a bit of coin but it was just one of those years.  I think Columbus and St Louis will meet in the finals and it will be a toss up.  Good luck to those who still have chances in your pools or drafts.  B.T.W when I hear hockey experts saying oh we can’t start reviewing 5 minute majors because the games will get too long seriously the whole 40 to 60 seconds it will take to check your iPad and that call it would have taken one look by the refs on the iPad and the decision would have been so easy they even apologized to Vegas and that whole crew isn’t doing any more games so obviously they got it extremely wrong.  And on top of that they take the time to review stupid offsides that happened sometimes almost a full minute before a goal and take goals back for a matter of a quarter of an inch those you’re willing to extend the games for but something as important as giving a major and kicking the guy out of the game I think those need to be reviewed way more than stupid offsides.  And also another little quirk about the length of the games last time I checked we play OT until someone scores in the playoffs so using the game maybe being too long is a dumbass excuse when the game has a chance to go 5 periods and lastly they were 4 idiots huddled together and you’re telling me that not even one of them could have clued in and said it can’t be the cross check to the face that caused all that blood Pavelski was wearing a full glass shield so it was common sense even without looking at the replay that he hurt himself when he fell and hit his head on the ice and that he wasn’t even cross checked in the face it was in the chest area.  I do hope he’s ok.  Pavelski is a great leader and nobody likes to see any serious injuries like that but I also hate having the wrong team advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs.  I’m not a Vegas fan and neither a SJ fan I maybe like Vegas just a slight tad more but if it would have been the other way around I would be bitching as much for them to get it right for SJ.   Good thing that didn’t happen to the habs I know they didn’t make the playoffs but let’s say next year if they make them or imagine if that exact same play happens in the leafs series in a market like TO those refs would have needed protection.  Lol

I agree 100% re reviewing major penalties.  Quit reviewing the offsides and review the major penalties!

Couple other points.  Does it not say something about the state of the NHL when crosschecking off a faceoff (or anytime really) is a routine play which is normally not even penalized?  Call the freakin’ penalties!  The players will adjust.

Secondly if an infraction results in a serious injury, then perhaps a major should be called.  In the Eakin case I agree current precedent does not warrant it so it was unfair.  But maybe over the summer a directive can be given that clear infractions which result in serious injury are subject to a major penalty. 

Look Eakin was no angel in this.  It was a fairly violent crosscheck that contacted Pavelski high, barely below the neck.  The height of the impact gave Eakin more leverage resulting in Pavelski falling, where Stastny also contributed by shoving the defenceless Pavelski downward into the ice.  I’m saying that with the proper advance notice to players and coaches that this should always be a major.

Another example would be where Crosby severed Methot’s pinky off with a slash.  Should be a/ reviewable for sure and... b/ should be a major penalty. Yes it’s a routine hack frequently uncalled and that’s a problem in itself.  (Yes they have clamped down a bit on those, well done). But it should be a major in my new world.  Hack or crosscheck someone and cause serious injury and it’s a major.  “Make it so” I say!