Toronto is pretty cool now baby!

Bluecharm

1st full basketball game I watched in my life, I became a band wagoner.

I love the city of Toronto, just normally hate their sports teams.

I justify this band wagoness and am able to live with myself by deducting that the Raptors are not just a Toronto team but indeed Canada's team !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well they do have multiple wins in my lifetime, which tells you a lot I guess.  I can actually remember watching their last win in 67 on b/w tv, I was 11, yes it was a long time.  But you know, the Cubs did it, so can the Leafs.  I like their chances in this window of 5 years or more.

I can always count on you to try and kill a nice buzz Veg.  But I’m savouring this championship right now.  And the Leafs outlook for that matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raken65 said:

1st full basketball game I watched in my life, I became a band wagoner.

I love the city of Toronto, just normally hate their sports teams.

I justify this band wagoness and am able to live with myself by deducting that the Raptors are not just a Toronto team but indeed Canada's team !

It’s not that I love the city of Toronto actually, I’ve always loved the Leafs.  And I became a Blue Jays fan after the Expos left town.  And for some reason I always liked the Calgary Stampeders.  But having spent some time in Toronto, not living there, it is a nice city.  So my Leaf roots go back to when there were 6 teams.  And I’m unshakeable in that.  Anyway I’m not a big hoops fan but am proud that this great Toronto organization brought a championship north of the border.  It’s a huge deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluecharm said:

Well they do have multiple wins in my lifetime, which tells you a lot I guess.  I can actually remember watching their last win in 67 on b/w tv, I was 11, yes it was a long time.  But you know, the Cubs did it, so can the Leafs.  I like their chances in this window of 5 years or more.

I can always count on you to try and kill a nice buzz Veg.  But I’m savouring this championship right now.  And the Leafs outlook for that matter.

Its all in good humor, althou i dont see them beating  Tampa or  boston  anytime soon atlantic is 2  strong up top

Well you know they took Boston to 7.  And to be honest Freddie Andersen has not put in a Binnington like performance in critical games.  And Kadri gets himself kicked out for 5 games so that center depth disappeared.  So those 2 issues are what cost the Leafs that series.  And maybe the cup.  But looking at the playoffs this year it was totally unpredictable what happened.  Who the hell knows now who can win out of the 16 teams that make the playoffs.  How the hell did Tampa not win a game.  And let’s not even talk about the refereeing or lack of it. 

For the record I don’t know what the hell Babcock is thinking sometimes.  His player usage is just plain questionable.  Sure spare Matthews during the regular season but when in a game 6 or 7 ride your top horses.  It’s how it’s done.  If Babcock doesn’t get them pass the first round next year I’m sure he’s gone.