Erik Karlsson

Raken65

24 minutes ago, Bluecharm said:

Man the NHL is becoming a stars and scrubs league.  This contract makes John Carlson’s look pretty good.  Is E Karlsson even ownable in CHA leagues?

Was just getting ready to ask the same question about if Karlsson is ownable in our leagues with that contract. I know I dumped Doughty in a league because I didn't want to pay him $11M/year.

43 minutes ago, barrett said:

I agree. It's probably not worth it for us. Could possibly make a case if it was in Ottawa where he would be the only offensive threat but burns eats too much of his opportunities. imo

That's a really good point.  And its an 8 year, 92 mil contract.  So 11.5 for 8 years for a 29 year old defenseman who has had some injury problems.  Compare that to 12.50 for the 22 year Mcdavid, or even the 6 years left on the 28 year old John Tavares's contract.  This is a huge risk for SJ.

2 hours ago, Bluecharm said:

That's a really good point.  And its an 8 year, 92 mil contract.  So 11.5 for 8 years for a 29 year old defenseman who has had some injury problems.  Compare that to 12.50 for the 22 year Mcdavid, or even the 6 years left on the 28 year old John Tavares's contract.  This is a huge risk for SJ.

i like how you lowkey plugged  tavares, but agreed  tavares is a better contract than karlsson.  kinda getting scared of what petry will get

8 minutes ago, jawlesscdizzle said:

is Wilson going to be there in 8 years? probably not, feels like it was the cost of doing business to try to win now. It's someone else's problem. 

Like politics, kick the ball down the road and let the next guy worry about it 

That's pretty much what i was thinking.