Jim Benning

Thunder

-"Hey Jim. It's Julien BriseBois. Listen, I'm in a real bind here. I need to get rid of Miller's contract. You think you can help me out?"

-""I dunno. What were you thinking?"

-"Well, maybe something like the Marleau deal with Carolina"

-"What was that one? I haven't heard it yet"

-"Well, they gave up a lottery protected first, but in our case I thought maybe a third could..."

-"Let me stop you right there, buddy. You got yourself a deal! We'll give you a first and a third. But I want that first lottery protected. I'll throw in Mazanec to make it happen. We good?"

-"Wait, what? No I meant we would be giv.. uh...  Yeah, no this works."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’m so angry. 

Jim knows he’s done if he misses the playoffs this year, so he’ll go full Chiarelli an mortgage the future two years from now to try to make it. 

It’s Aqualini’s fault for not firing him already. 

I fear what my phone is going to tell me on July 1st: ‘Tyler Myers - $8 million for 8 years’. 

6 hours ago, Thunder said:

-"Hey Jim. It's Julien BriseBois. Listen, I'm in a real bind here. I need to get rid of Miller's contract. You think you can help me out?"

-""I dunno. What were you thinking?"

-"Well, maybe something like the Marleau deal with Carolina"cap dump

-"What was that one? I haven't heard it yet"

-"Well, they gave up a lottery protected first, but in our case I thought maybe a third could..."

-"Let me stop you right there, buddy. You got yourself a deal! We'll give you a first and a third. But I want that first lottery protected. I'll throw in Mazanec to make it happen. We good?"

-"Wait, what? No I meant we would be giv.. uh...  Yeah, no this works."

Ah Thunder you couldn't be more wrong. This wasn't a cap dump. If it was it wouldn't have been Miller. Jimbo worked on this for a while now and it had to be a 1st to get him. He's going to be a great addition. Now if it had Jimbo who picked Seider where he went you and everyone else would be saying what a dought head! Why didn't he trade down and make the pick? Because it was Stevie Y not a word. Now let's talk about the little Pygmy that you and some others think that Montreal stole. Now lets remember that this is the NHL. If his scoring dries up and it will. What then? He's slow a foot and lacks a 200 foot game and doesn't have Jackie feeding him to boot . Now Jimbo is going to get kicked to the curb soon enough. P,ease don't help it a long. lol It's funny it wasn't that long ago that Mac Bergevin was considered the Village Idiot! 

9 minutes ago, The Rainman said:

Ah Thunder you couldn't be more wrong. This wasn't a cap dump. If it was it wouldn't have been Miller. Jimbo worked on this for a while now and it had to be a 1st to get him. He's going to be a great addition. Now if it had Jimbo who picked Seider where he went you and everyone else would be saying what a dought head! Why didn't he trade down and make the pick? Because it was Stevie Y not a word. Now let's talk about the little Pygmy that you and some others think that Montreal stole. Now lets remember that this is the NHL. If his scoring dries up and it will. What then? He's slow a foot and lacks a 200 foot game and doesn't have Jackie feeding him to boot . Now Jimbo is going to get kicked to the curb soon enough. P,ease don't help it a long. lol It's funny it wasn't that long ago that Mac Bergevin was considered the Village Idiot! 

Same as any pure goal scorer  doesnt score. Whats your point...

Fyi i dont think that trade is bad. The contract seems reasonable  and i think miller is better than hayes. And to comeback on the pigmy ... hes a steal he was a top 10pick. Even top 7 on some list. Got him at 15th  thats freeroll

This is a deal a good team makes to put themselves over the top. The Canucks are a bad team.  The D is bottom third in the league and they have the highest paid bottom 6 in the league, who gets get steamrolled by younger, cheaper bottom sixes. 

The top 6 is solid, but they could still use an upgrade on the wing. It’s not enough to carry them to success. 

Since the Juolevi pick Benning has been drafting well. He’s pretty much made up for Virtanen and Juolevi. It’s his trading and free agent signings that are sinking this team (and the development in Utica isn’t helping). Eriksson, the Gudbranson trade, the Kesler trades, Beagle, Pouliot, a second for Linden Vey, the list goes on...

He doesn’t know how to assess pro talent. That paired with this 5 years of an ‘accelerated rebuild’ has made a disaster.  See NYR regarding how a rebuild should be done. Even without Kakko they’re miles ahead. 

53 minutes ago, The Rainman said:

I’m kidding around.  It wasn’t that terrible a deal. But it’s definitely an overpay. It is a cap dump in the sense that TB needed to get rid of him, just as Nashville needed to move Subban.  No need to give up a first in that scenario, especially not one that has a good chance of being a lottery pick.

Guys..I have never been a fan of moving Draft picks especially the 1st and 2nds but I'm just over joyed with this trade. Love it!  I think Brackett is the driving force behind most of the Canucks moves including drafting .Now I do think Jimbo has a great eye for talent but I don't think Jimmy can take the pressure of the job much longer. You can tell he hates talking to the media. They never should have let Lawrence Gillman go. Jimbo has been nothing more than a Panata in Vancouver since Trevor got punted.