Sammynos

Free Agent Frenzy Thread

Figured I would start a "catch all" thread for all the signings today. That way there aren't a hundred separate threads for every signing.

Let's kick it off with a few that seem very likely to happen today:

- Corey Perry to Dallas on a 1x$1.5m

- Pavelski to Dallas on a 3 year deal (unconfirmed money)

- Donskoi to Avs

- Myers to Vancouver on deal reportedly close to 5x$6m

- Duchene to Nashville on something that looks close to $8m per season

- Richard Panik to Washington on 3 or 4 year deal worth $2.5m per

- I feel like I saw Brett Connolly to Vancouver, but I am too lazy to look that up again (I know he is confirmed somewhere)

Couple of strong rumors, but unconfirmed:

- Panarin AND Varlamov to NYI

- Still looks like Bob to Florida

- Lehner and Lee will need new homes

- Carolina looking into Mrazek

- Read that CBJ is totally fine with a 1a/1b tandem in goal and don't intend to sign a goalie

I know there are more. Bob Mckenzie was going wild last night with "rumors" that we all know are more than simply rumors because he is rarely wrong. 

Anything I missed? Lets discuss it all here!!

Also...be careful for the fakes out there. Lots of Boob McKenzle's out there trying to make us all feel better about our teams...

I believe Pavelski was $7M per

Hurricanes are probably looking to go with Mrazek or Lehner.

Panarin is down to three teams...Florida, Islanders, and Rangers. I believe I read if it is Florida it will come in around $11M if it is either NY team it will be around $12.5M 

Dreger is reporting that there's a strong sense around the league that a few RFA offer sheets will be made today, including Marner, Aho and Connor, this should be a very interesting day !

4 minutes ago, Raken65 said:

Dreger is reporting that there's a strong sense around the league that a few RFA offer sheets will be made today, including Marner, Aho and Connor, this should be a very interesting day !

big george laracque tweeted yesterday before any confirmation this : duchene nashville , pavelski dallas , bobs florida, montreal offer sheet someone

Just now, Vegeta said:

big george laracque tweeted yesterday before any confirmation this : duchene nashville , pavelski dallas , bobs florida, montreal offer sheet someone

Yeah I saw that too, Aho has same agent as Price and Gallagher and apparently Bergevin gets along very well with him.

seems like an offersheet to carolina is a blank shot ,  they arnt 1 of the cap hell team, and the owner just said yes to basicly buying a 1st rounder with money (marleau)

5 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

seems like an offersheet to carolina is a blank shot ,  they arnt 1 of the cap hell team, and the owner just said yes to basicly buying a 1st rounder with money (marleau)

Exactly, the Hurricanes have already said they will match any offer sheet presented to Aho. From what I have read is that they are close in salary (around $9M-$9.5M per) the sticking point is the term. Hurricanes wanted 8 years and Aho only wanted 5 years. I also read that basically any team that has called Aho's agent is that he immediately told them that Aho likes Carolina and doesn't want to leave.

11 minutes ago, Raken65 said:

Leafs will sign Spezza to 1 year deal.

weird, 

tavs

mathews

kadri

spezza as a 4th liner?

Edited by Vegeta

If they really want to have any chance with an offer sheet it needs to be for Marner or Point. Supposedly Marner and Leafs were discussing a contract extension yesterday...either a 3 year or 5 year.

Just now, Vegeta said:

weird, 

tavs

marleau

kadri

spezza as a 4th liner?

Marleau is gone

This is Eklund's favorite time of the year.......just throw anything out there and people who don't know any better run wild with it.

6 minutes ago, djb738 said:

If they really want to have any chance with an offer sheet it needs to be for Marner or Point. Supposedly Marner and Leafs were discussing a contract extension yesterday...either a 3 year or 5 year.

i still think timo meier is a good target

4 minutes ago, djb738 said:

This is Eklund's favorite time of the year.......just throw anything out there and people who don't know any better run wild with it.

if you throw enough shit at the wall something will eventually stick

1 minute ago, Vegeta said:

if you throw enough shit at the wall something will eventually stick

I don't think his has ever stuck though

5 minutes ago, Raken65 said:

think he meant Matthews

oopsiesss corrected the auto correct XD

5 minutes ago, djb738 said:

I don't think his has ever stuck though

he had a few like 3 out of 976546789 time

1 minute ago, Vegeta said:

he had a few like 3 out of 976546789 time

Would be interesting to hear who his "sources" are that give him his information

4 minutes ago, djb738 said:

Would be interesting to hear who his "sources" are that give him his information

per pierre lebrun -source eklund

if anything its a good site where twiter updates infirmation gets relayed  the fastest 

Happy Free agent day everyone!! (and Canada day) 

Lets drink to our favourite teams signing awful contracts that inevitably screw over our fantasy teams!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1