Free Agent Frenzy Thread

Sammynos

3 minutes ago, clarry85 said:

Sitting at work with all the deals getting confirmed like:

Screenshot_20190701-130104__01.jpg

Ha ha! Glad to know someone else is in the same boat. I’m working in my break room, in five second intervals between glances at the tv. Cmon Habs just spend that money already!!

2 minutes ago, RegDunlop said:

Ha ha! Glad to know someone else is in the same boat. I’m working in my break room, in five second intervals between glances at the tv. Cmon Habs just spend that money already!!

American customers still working today, and therefore so do I! Got TSN streaming at work, and would be ok if Leafs don't do much more today.

Edited by clarry85

2 hours ago, Vegeta said:

they cant   deal with a frontloaded   contract  like  10m bonus 1m salary  et  10m bonus 1m salary 2 years in a row. thats more  than the money they rack in  front the Gate

They can't deal with it? Where is this coming from :) I'm pretty sure they could handle that if they needed to.

2 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

seems like theyre poor

Their owner spent $250 Million last year on a startup football league and closed it down a month later (think he was after the technology). He has plenty of money to spend.

Also, why does it seem like they are poor?

2 minutes ago, RegDunlop said:

Interesting but not enough, even accounting for Mrs. Kotkaniemi’s delicious home cooking. 

were all  caught up in the AAV , but thats not the point here,  caroline doesnt care about AAV, but 21m  is exactly  the  gate revenu they took in  last year.  Bergevin cant br throwing out  an offer like that if  he thinks its going to be an instant  snap match

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

were all  caught up in the AAV , but thats not the point here,  caroline doesnt care about AAV, but 21m  is exactly  the  gate revenu they took in  last year.  Bergevin cant br throwing out  an offer like that if  he thinks its going to be an instant  snap match

Interesting, point Veg. Maybe there’s something to this, then. Like I’ve been saying for years now, Marc Bergevin is a brilliant strategist. Hope this works out!

Just now, RegDunlop said:

Interesting, point Veg. Maybe there’s something to this, then. Like I’ve been saying for years now, Marc Bergevin is a brilliant strategist. Hope this works out!

is there  rule  against negotiating the compensation  during the 7 day period ?  like  if mtl said hey look will give u   drouin on top of  the 1st 2nd and 3rd

17 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

Where are you getting this "gate revenue" from? The Hurricanes owner is a billionaire I don't think $21M affects him much. They have continued to say they will match any offer on Aho...we will see if they stay true to their word. Waddell just had a press conference and said probably won't match immediately and may wait out the 7 days so Montreal can't sign anyone else.

2 minutes ago, djb738 said:

Where are you getting this "gate revenue" from? The Hurricanes owner is a billionaire I don't think $21M affects him much. They have continued to say they will match any offer on Aho...we will see if they stay true to their word. Waddell just had a press conference and said probably won't match immediately and may wait out the 7 days so Montreal can't sign anyone else.

tsn  reported  on the Gate  revenu  thing,  and yeah they should   wait 7 days for  the answer, so i basicly  the canes  are  holding that 8m  cap space  and draft pick so mtl cant do anything for a week

Just now, Vegeta said:

tsn  reported  on the Gate  revenu  thing,  and yeah they should   wait 7 days for  the answer, so i basicly  the canes  are  holding that 8m  cap space  and draft pick so mtl cant do anything for a week

Hurricanes made $109M in revenue in 2017-2018 and that was with no playoffs. Exactly and that statement from Waddell made it sound like they have already made up their mind.