Free Agent Frenzy Thread

Sammynos

8 minutes ago, djb738 said:

So part of the $21M now and part on July 1, 2020

something like 12m  this week and 10m  in 12 month + the fact  that this is  his structure

usly if im not mistaken players  are paid  in 3  separate  date yearly  of those   check some of it  is  held in escrow ( a substantial  amount  btw thats  why toews  came out in the media about it , somehting like 30% is beeing held out)

Signing  bonus are  exempt  of escrow  and  are  paid in  1  swoop  on july 1st of  every year

out of the  42.45m contract over  5 years,  3.5m are  actually  paid ( 3x a  year  x 5 years ) so in  15 payments,  the rest (~ 39m) are pure  Fat  checks every  1st of  july starting  today( in 5  days)

Edited by Vegeta

2 minutes ago, Bluecharm said:

Habs, why even bother.  Sure to be matched.  Sorry I don’t get it.  

I have Aho on my GNFL team and I am happy about this though.

they banking on  canes not beeing able to afford  the  bonuses, or  they had some  talk about  trading for aho and bergevin  upped  the ante with a pressure  offersheet, whats unclear is  if  they can  actualy trade  in those  7  days ( montreal and  canes)  or   is this  locked out  as well for them

Great capewise  cap hit  thats for SURE

Edited by Vegeta

I don’t know if the teams are locked out from trading or not.  Surely the player would have to agree to any trade as he has signed the offer sheet.  Early indications are certainly that the Canes will match.  So if it was a real play to secure the player it seems destined to fail and the Habs are in limbo for a week.  Very strange.  hope someone offer sheets Marner a similar deal.  The only negative for Canes is the 5 year term.  I’m sure they would like longer.

10 minutes ago, Bluecharm said:

I don’t know if the teams are locked out from trading or not.  Surely the player would have to agree to any trade as he has signed the offer sheet.  Early indications are certainly that the Canes will match.  So if it was a real play to secure the player it seems destined to fail and the Habs are in limbo for a week.  Very strange.  hope someone offer sheets Marner a similar deal.  The only negative for Canes is the 5 year term.  I’m sure they would like longer.

The limbo here is a non factor tho as no decent ufa are availble unless someone value jake the mistake gardiner at 7m+ and all other offersheet candidate prolly will still b there

• Like 1

Huge deal for the Leafs.  Kadri and Rosen for Barrie and Kerfoot.  I like it.  I knew something else was coming, whether it meant Kadri going, or even Nylander, Kappy or Johnsson.  Down side is Barrie is on final year of contract taking him to free agency.  AAV right now 5.5 v Kadri at 4.5.  Will miss Kadri but when you miss multiple games via suspension in your team’s first round playoff series twice in a row it is time to go.  

1 minute ago, Bluecharm said:

Huge deal for the Leafs.  Kadri and Rosen for Barrie and Kerfoot.  I like it.  I knew something else was coming, whether it meant Kadri going, or even Nylander, Kappy or Johnsson.  Down side is Barrie is on final year of contract taking him to free agency.  AAV right now 5.5 v Kadri at 4.5.  Will miss Kadri but when you miss multiple games via suspension in your team’s first round playoff series twice in a row it is time to go.  

Your wrong barrie aav is 2.75.  You guys just rob th3 avs

Edited by Vegeta