Free Agent Frenzy Thread

Sammynos

7 minutes ago, Bluecharm said:

Leafs by my quick calculation have about 12 mil left, with Marner to be signed.  That’s with Nathan Horton’s ltir added back and including Ceci at 4.5.  Gotta think they’re done now.   Also think Marner may be extended sooner than later.

I think its 11.6m with ceci kerfoot marner to be signed . Aftwr comes horton ltir bonus. But i think it only applies after the season start not before. I think they have to move another 5m

26 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

I think its 11.6m with ceci kerfoot marner to be signed . Aftwr comes horton ltir bonus. But i think it only applies after the season start not before. I think they have to move another 5m

I don’t think so Veg.  I think Horton’s contract can be moved to ltir concurrent with start of season.  So that is +5.7.  There are also surplus players on the roster on capfriendly which can be demoted like Gauthier, Agostino, Gravel.  Low cost ones I know.  They will have to negotiate a low cost contract for Kerfoot probably.  

I could be wrong but I seem to recall them doing this exercise last year.

if someone[ knows for sure please advise.

20 minutes ago, Bluecharm said:

I don’t think so Veg.  I think Horton’s contract can be moved to ltir concurrent with start of season.  So that is +5.7.  There are also surplus players on the roster on capfriendly which can be demoted like Gauthier, Agostino, Gravel.  Low cost ones I know.  They will have to negotiate a low cost contract for Kerfoot probably.  

I could be wrong but I seem to recall them doing this exercise last year.

if someone[ knows for sure please advise.

Only thing I saw was CapFriendly tweet that the Leafs have $11.6M in cap space with Marner, Ceci, and Kerfoot to sign (what Vegeta posted). Also saw where Kerfoot is likely to get $3M or a little more.

3 hours ago, Vegeta said:

So @nhlcanes tweeted that theyll likely match aho contract. Good summer habs fan

Has still have around 8 mil to do something if anything, not like this prevented them to acquire anyone.

Bergy wasn't going to go after a top tear player and potentially overpay, so he goes a route that no one has done in awhile ( maybe this shows the league something about how the offer sheet isn't working and should be fixed to make it usable).

why not give it a go, seems there has to be some sort of background info that we arent privy to and he they believe it can cause them issues/something to think about.

Regardless i think the Canes match, but it would be awesome if Aho went to habs :)

go habs go !!

16 minutes ago, djb738 said:

I think there is a lot of posturing going on; Montreal’s management and Aho’s agent trying to cause or at least deepen a rift between Carolina management and Aho.  Playing games.  For some reason, probably mainly term, the Canes couldn’t get a deal done with Aho.  Hope they can put this behind them and get back to business after the inevitable matching of this contract.

19 minutes ago, Bluecharm said:

I think there is a lot of posturing going on; Montreal’s management and Aho’s agent trying to cause or at least deepen a rift between Carolina management and Aho.  Playing games.  For some reason, probably mainly term, the Canes couldn’t get a deal done with Aho.  Hope they can put this behind them and get back to business after the inevitable matching of this contract.

I believe it was certainly term. It will be interesting once the Canes match. I don’t think there will be any hard feelings but at the same time who knows.

2 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

If it was that easy . They could of given thr offer.  Montreal just becane the girl next door  thats kinda funny

It was that easy because if they got an offer sheet they expected it to be around $10.5M.

Burnside mentions that some people believe the offer sheet was designed to not succeed.

https://theathletic.com/1058722/2019/07/01/grading-all-31-nhl-teams-after-the-opening-of-free-agency/

4 minutes ago, djb738 said:

It was that easy because if they got an offer sheet they expected it to be around $10.5M.

Burnside mentions that some people believe the offer sheet was designed to not succeed.

https://theathletic.com/1058722/2019/07/01/grading-all-31-nhl-teams-after-the-opening-of-free-agency/

...with no explanation of what that means. Gratuitous and hard to understand