Sign in to follow this  
djb738

Puljujarvi signs with Karpat

5 hours ago, djb738 said:

1 year deal...Edmonton will retain his rights.

Guess he wasn’t kidding about not wanting to play for the Oilers this season, was he....

I think the main factor is he really dislikes the Oilers management. Sounds like they didn’t communicate with him from day one. 

When he arrived he spoke very little English and they had him living in a random hotel, with no one around. Pretty crazy for an 18 year old kid. 

9 hours ago, Zipper14 said:

I think the main factor is he really dislikes the Oilers management. Sounds like they didn’t communicate with him from day one. 

When he arrived he spoke very little English and they had him living in a random hotel, with no one around. Pretty crazy for an 18 year old kid. 

Agreed. I was just thinking that if he makes peanuts, it's an indication of just how much he hates management.

Didnt know about the hotel. That's wild... seems to be pretty basic knowledge that you have to surround a kid like that with some kind of a network, as the Pens did with Sid living at Mario's house, and as the Habs did with Kotka and the nucleus of other Finns (plus his mom, who moved to Montreal for the year).

Edited by RegDunlop
  • Like 1