Clayton Keller 8 year extension at $7.125

Bluecharm

3 hours ago, Salros said:

With elite salaries now over 10 million, he could just be a 75 to 90 pt player and I would deem this signing a great success. Could Meruelo be the Man that brings playoff hockey to Arizona?

This is the kind of situation that teams would normally do a bridge “prove it” deal.  Back in the “old” days.  That would make perfect sense.  Arizona management might well either look like geniuses or complete fools on this one.  

• Like 3

I think that might be the right number for Keller and the Yotes. A bridge deal would have made a bit more sense considering his down year last year. But lets not forget that his rookie season he had 65 points and 23 goals as a 19 year old. I realize the Yotes are paying for potential and if im a betting man I think he is going to live up to that 7.15 mill during his prime of his career ( 22-30 years of age). Especially when you are seeing the guys like Aho (49 points, 65 point and 83 points) get 8.45  mill. Is keller on the same path.... maybe.... sure seems like it is close to that (65 points and 47 points - wrong direction but hear me out). Wouldn't you want to be paying 1.3 mill less for a similar points total? I think its a good bet that the Yotes made.

• Like 2